Peterborough will go up automatically

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Every season since we came down people make monthly threads saying whoever is top has it wrapped up. They just look at who is on a decent run and assume that will continue, it might but stop pretending you know.

it’s wide open, let’s just keep winning.

This. They might do it, but they're just as capable of wobbling like they have in previous seasons. In theory our next 3 look decent. Fast forward to the end of that and other sets of fans might be saying we're on a great run and nailed on for top two. It's a poor league without any stand out sides this season. Still wide open and just depends who maybe gets lucky with injuries, hits form at the right time and manages to keep it going.

Love him or hate him, Darragh MacAnthony is certainly showing the way to run a lower league club successfully.

Unlucky not to get the playoff spot last year, always bringing good talent through or decent recruitment through buying cheap and selling them on for a hefty profit and they're currently top of league one having won their last 5 scoring 13 goals and conceding only 2.

Can't see how they won't.... Stand out team in this league if you ask me....... 8pts clear of us but I do think the other automatic spot is wide open and we have a very good chance ....do you lot agree?

Not convinced marra, think your right in saying they will be there or there abouts mind. Problem with Posh is there always seem to suffer a sudden slump.
Watched them at home recently where Bristol Rovers played them off the park and should have won despite just drawing. Also any injuries to Clarke - Harris or Dembele and they're buggered.

Worry about ourselves and our own form

This. 2 points a game almost always gets you automatic promotion. Currently only Peterborough are setting that pace (they've got exactly 2 a game thus far), so it seems likely that it'll be the case again. Rather than worrying about who is currently winning games, I'd just look at that.

To get 92 points this season we'd need another 42 points from 17 games. That's nearly 2.5 points a game. Might not need quite that many, but basically my thoughts are that we just need to go on one hell of a run and keep it going until the end. It also shows that draws aren't really any use, pretty much need to go for every game.

As an aside, 84 points is the lowest you'd have likely needed to finish second in any season since 2010. So as an absolute minimum we need to be hitting two points a game from here on out. With no one in the top 10 apart from us and Peterborough having won more than 2 in the last 5 it does look open, and maybe it'll be nearer the mid 80s we'll need than early 90s, just got to keep in this form and see where it takes us

Back