Peterborough keeper out for season/Emergency Loan Signed

I think in the EFL's world that makes him a professional footballer, but not a professional goalkeeper (until he's made 5 starts). Utter nonsense.

Football officials seemingly at every level are complete buffoons, amateurs and dinosaurs it has to be said.

Look at the FA (root and branch review 20 odd years ago never happened), UEFA, FIFA, the VAR shambles and it’s shambolic rules interpretations by our esteemed ex refs etc.

Crazy world.

By everyone’s definition except the EFL.
Not Peterboro at fault here.
Peterborough are responsible of using the EFL's literal definition of a professional goalkeeper to avoid playing their no. 2. The same one who has been no. 2 all season and will continue to be their no. 2.

This loophole definitely needs closing as it goes against the spirit of the game for me

I couldn't give a Monkeys chuff if he is Buffon. If he can't swim, he's in trouble down there. I love how the Posh fans think we are rattled :lol: We just played you at your ground, where you watered the wings because you were worried about our wingers, and you really didn't show all that much to be worried about TBH :lol:

Obviously a lot on here who believe that Sunderland aren’t good enough to take second place unless Peterborough are without their keeper.
Maybe it’s true?

It really isn’t, we looked the better side last week and still weren’t at our best.

And that wasn’t the original point.

Load of bollocks, if Wyke got injured we couldn't sign an emergency loan striker on the basis that Stewart has only played 4 games or whatever, their sub keeper is 24, not some kid. The emergency loan seems to be getting abused by teams who are too cheap to sign a proper no 2 keeper.
Totally agree...... So maybe we should just have one senior keeper.... an academy lad on the bench for injuries during the match and then get an emergency keeper if required.... Load of shit

Peterborough are responsible of using the EFL's literal definition of a professional goalkeeper to avoid playing their no. 2. The same one who has been no. 2 all season and will continue to be their no. 2.

This loophole definitely needs closing as it goes against the spirit of the game for me
It will be mate , just after it costs us promotion as he gets them the one point they need . Knocking bet

Have to agree mate and I'm a Posh fan. We have followed the rules but manipulated them in a cynical way imo.
Not proud tbh.

Back