Peterborough away

Sallycinamon

Midfield
Any idea when ticket info will be up for this? Just booked train from Carlisle, what an absolute ball ache of a place to get to! 5 different trains, leave at 05.55 get home at 23.05, gonna be a long day!

Any idea when ticket info will be up for this? Just booked train from Carlisle, what an absolute ball ache of a place to get to! 5 different trains, leave at 05.55 get home at 23.05, gonna be a long day!

What route are you taking

Thought it would be easy across to Newcastle and down east coast mainline 3 hrs tops

suppose it depends on connections but this is how I would have done it

It’s only one change each way Carlisle to Peterborough

Thought it would be easy across to Newcastle and down east coast mainline 3 hrs tops

If I didn’t mind paying £100+ then this would be the easy option!

What route are you taking

suppose it depends on connections but this is how I would have done it

Carlisle to Leeds, Leeds to Peterborough. (Carlisle to Preston is bus service all morning)

Peterborough to Leeds, Leeds to Preston, Preston to Carlisle. (Miss last Leeds to Carlisle connection by 2 mins)

Last edited:

Carlisle to Leeds, Leeds to Peterborough. (Carlisle to Preston is bus service all morning)

Peterborough to Leeds, Leeds to Preston, Preston to Carlisle. (Miss last Leeds to Carlisle connection by 2 mins)
Hitch it mate getcha scarf out there must be few coming down that way dumfries etc

Would cost somewhere between £120 and £140 doing it this way mate, I’ve paid £57.

Fair play for that journey can understand with the saving

On the positive side, the Carlisle to Leeds route is probably the most scenic train journey in the country. Nice start to your day if you're into that sort of thing.

St holder (nil points) here if of use.

Cheers mate, very kind offer but I think I should be okay for tickets. ST holder from Carlisle with decent points is away for Easter so I’m using his!

On the positive side, the Carlisle to Leeds route is probably the most scenic train journey in the country. Nice start to your day if you're into that sort of thing.

I know what you mean mate but it’s a tediously long journey on a crap train, bit like the Carlisle to Newcastle train (1 hr 30 mins to do 60 mile in an old bus carriage!)

Last edited:

Back