Peter O'Toole

• Thread starter Deleted member 35923
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I spent a lot of time trying to get him to do an interview for Wear Down South (SAFCSA London branch newsletter) and thought it was on when I met the singer Linda Thompson, wife of his agent, as she was sure he'd do it. But agent just said Peter's link with Sunderland was all about Roker Park. He had none with the SAFC of the SoL. I think the piece linked above explains this in detail but I haven't looked back Maybe I should re-post it at Salut!

one of Sunderland's most famous supporters passed away

I have a very rare recording of him doing a one-man show at The Old Vic entitled "Geoffrey Bernard is unwell". I remember GB very well so this is dear to me, and he was brilliant in the show. :)

I always had the notion that his link with us was something to do with him appearing at the Empire. Wasn't there a costume he wore on stage in the little shop over the road for years? Or am I thinking about the wrong actor? RIP all the same.

*Greedy moment*-I met him on a cruiseship when I was a cadet and he was there on the piss constantly with his mate who was a priest :lol: He definitely supported the lads, knew a load of songs and could recite the whole of the lambton worm.

*Greedy moment*-I met him on a cruiseship when I was a cadet and he was there on the piss constantly with his mate who was a priest :lol: He definitely supported the lads, knew a load of songs and could recite the whole of the lambton worm.
Crickie I can't even recite the Lambton worm, but then again I'm not a film star either

So he was a sunderland 'fan'

He was most famous for playing Lawrence of Arabia

TE Lawrence's mother came from Sunderland

This must be some kind of message from the Illuminati :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back