1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peter Kay

Discussion in 'SMB' started by PTR, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

1. PTR

PTR Striker

Just saw someone post an image of him on here, and I wondered if it ever came out why he cancelled the his tour - so quick look on twitter, and there's a few posts about him possibly having leukemia, and that he hasn't long to live, with a media ban from reporting it.

Suppose the secrecy will breed rumours, and twitter isn't exactly reliable, but wondered if anyone on here actually knows.

Really hope he's not so ill, whatever you think of his stand up routines (scraping a very old barrel tbh), he's done some cracking TV over the years, and always seems like a nice bloke.
  2. steve30000

steve30000 Striker

How long until this is deleted?
  3. Harsh
  4. PTR

PTR Striker

Fair enough if it is, didn't mean any harm.
  5. bowers2

bowers2 Winger

There is a media ban.

Oh I know. I start a thread about it.
  6. PTR

PTR Striker

I said someone on twitter said there was. That's a long way from it being true!

You wondered if anyone on here knows?!
  8. ChrisAshley

ChrisAshley Striker

Always assumed the rumours was mixed up with a not as famous Peter Kay who was co founder of some rehab with Tony Adams who died around the time the comedian Peter Kay cancelled his shows.
  9. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

There is always someone on here who knows anything and everything.
  10. NDOTY, FFS.
    PTR likes this.
  11. hawaymadlad

hawaymadlad Midfield

There is a media ban on it.
  12. VXi

VXi Full Back

So, he announces am Arena tour something like 95 shows. About £55 per ticket. I reckon nigh on £100m worth of tickets bought.
    A month /5 weeks later it's all called off.

What interest over a month would that wedge earn? And who pocketed it? Do they return the rip-off booking fee's?
  13. Media ban? Is his health covered by the official secrets act like? :confused:
  14. Steak Pie

Steak Pie Striker

There's about 10 super-injunctions in place, and Kay is known to be quick to get the lawyers involved in anything. This is one thing that even the journalists at the MEN won't gossip about.

No, just super-injunctions. Unless you can prove that you knowing more about Peter Kay's private life, is somehow in the public interest.
    Motor City Cobra likes this.
  15. Sam Handwich

Sam Handwich Winger

NDYOYT surely
    NYMackem and Typhoonftm like this.
  16. Motor City Cobra

Motor City Cobra Midfield

Nope, but if say he or his wife were terminally ill for example why would anyone want to even know...private family business

17. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Don't like any of his work but I really hope he's not ill and if he is he gets better soon.
  18. Nipple Salad

Nipple Salad Central Defender

19. Because like him or loath him, he's a public figure. People will be interested. Cancelling a multi million quid tour with no explanation will only Stoke interest. If it is a terminal illness, at least people could sympathise with them.
  20. Boz33

Boz33 Winger

Not even Phoenix nights?
    NYMackem, PTR and chevvies like this.