Pete Shelley Dead.

Feeling old, loved AMIADK, Love Bites. Followed them around the NE, trawled record shops (remember them!) to find Spiral Scratch.

Fave song? Autonomy? Nostalgia?

Orgasm Addict?

16 again?

Thanks for songs that meant something to me...

Saw them at Newcastle Uni just after Joe Strummer died and they dedicated Autonomy to him as his favourite song then did a version of White Riot :(:(

Feeling old, loved AMIADK, Love Bites. Followed them around the NE, trawled record shops (remember them!) to find Spiral Scratch.

Fave song? Autonomy? Nostalgia?

Orgasm Addict?

16 again?

Thanks for songs that meant something to me...
Autonomy or Lipstick.

Saw them at Newcastle Uni just after Joe Strummer died and they dedicated Autonomy to him as his favourite song then did a version of White Riot :(:(
Saw them live a few times, supported by Joy Division on one occasion & others. I had to edit my original post as I typed "Pete Shelley introduced me to Penetration" which just reads wrong:eek:
Penetrations version of Nostalgia would be my Desert Island Disc, a perfectly written pop song performed brilliantly

Saw them live a few times, supported by Joy Division on one occasion & others. I had to edit my original post as I typed "Pete Shelley introduced me to Penetration" which just reads wrong:eek:
Penetrations version of Nostalgia would be my Desert Island Disc, a perfectly written pop song performed brilliantly

:lol:

Gutted by this. Another great gone. RIP Pete.

Saw them at Reading 1990. Singles Going Steady has to be one of the finest collections ever put together.

Gutted

RIP Pete you were f***ing brilliant man

The Buzzcocks were right at the vanguard of new music back in the day, and they took punk in a different direction to the other bands on the scene. Unsung heroes in my eyes, and they were hugely influential if the massive amount of 'punk pop' bands that have followed, is anything to go by.

Was lucky enough to see them a couple of times back in the day and still play the first 3 albums on vinyl. My kids both like the homosapien album. Will have a buzzcocks day working at home tomorrow

Back