Pete Doherty

Where are you now marra?

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened like. Not a fan myself, but he’s always come across like a nice person, heroin use aside.

First time I met him, he turned up at the studio in the middle of the night when he wasn't even recording with us at the time, absolutely off his face, holding a broken acoustic guitar and asking us to fix it for him (for free I might add), before driving his car off, still wasted. I found out later that was the same day he'd been in court and banned from driving iirc. (It's possible I could be combing two separate memories there).

The next time was when he was in recording with Babyshambles. I was told that every time he and one of his bandmates went to the bog, I had to go in after them and clean up their drug detritus. (Totally why I became a technical engineer). Each time, the bogs absolutely f***ing stank of blood and chemicals, and I had to pick up mountains of blood-soaked bogroll and burnt tinfoil, never knowing if there was a used needle hidden inside or not. Absolute cunt's trick. Nowt against him sticking drugs in his arm but f***ing clean up after yourself and don't leave the communal bogs stinking of smack and blood.

Last edited:
First time I met him, he turned up at the studio in the middle of the night when he wasn't even recording with us at the time, absolutely off his face, holding a broken acoustic guitar and asking us to fix it for him (for free I might add), before driving his car off, still wasted. I found out later that was the same day he'd been in court and banned from driving iirc. (It's possible I could be combing two separate memories there).

The next time was when he was in recording with Babyshambles. I was told that every time he and one of his bandmates went to the bog, I had to go in after them and clean up their drug detritus. (Totally why I became a technical engineer). Each time, the bogs absolutely f***ing stank of blood and chemicals, and I had to pick up mountains of blood-soaked bogroll and burnt tinfoil, never knowing if there was a used needle hidden inside or not. Absolute cunt's trick. Nowt against him sticking drugs in his arm but f***ing clean up after yourself and don't leave the communal bogs stinking of smack and blood.

Awful that mate. Truly awful.

I like his music personally. I've seen him play with The Libertines a couple of times and he's always been good, and he was excellent when I saw him play as Peter Doherty around 18 months ago in Stockholm. I'm sure he's an utter cock as a bloke though.

Sadly, I think a percentage of his fan base like him for this lifestyle. The same people that label him a ‘troubled genius’

He was a smack head, a burglar and a complete arsehole.

Back