Pet Shop Boys

Aye.
West End Girls
This , with honourable mentions to “What Have I Done To Deserve This” , “Oppertunities (Lets Make Lots Of Money)” “Suburbia” and “Donino Dancing”

Incidentally there is a Swedish Girl PSB Tribute group called “West End Girls” who do some good cover versions of their stuff , and the Blonde keyboard player is a WAD.

Fantastic tune.

I seen them when they were supporting Take That so that makes me double gay :cool:
Me as well , except I must be double double as I saw the tour at the SoL and the Olympienstadion in Munich :)

Tremendous synth pop....haway vince Clarke is a genius man.
This. Love Erasure me , their first 3 albums , Wonderland , The Circus and The Innocents are absolute classics.

Last edited:
The PSB are purveyors of fantastic pop music. Haven’t went out of my way to listen to anything by them since the nineties but when you compare their stuff to the god awful charts of today, they sound majestic. Chris Lowe was the best dressed bloke in the world back in the day too.
;)

I was a bit gutted when the latest headliner release for Benicassim festival was the Pet Shop Boys, I’d thought about selling my tickets. A few people have said they do a canny show and I thought they were ok in the 80s, probably watch them when there on though.

lots of good tunes

being boring
suburbia
Always on my mind

good for their time to be fair

In The Night - love that tune, reminds me of the The Clothes Show, which was also class BTW.....I'm not gay either

The documentary on Sky Arts is worth a watch for any PSB fan......

I'm also a massive fan of Erasure.......

I love to hate you. I don't really

Used to love playing this on my Walkman (then turning the cassette over and trying to guess how much to fast forward it so I could listen to it again)

That was on at half time in my first ever away match, Sheff United 1986.

Last edited:
Shite

Mind the time they turned up at the brits dressed up as trawlermen and were f***ing woeful , the guys singing was dire , made me howl with laughter

Counting coins on the counter of the 7-11 from a quarter past six til a quarter to seven, the manager Bevan starts to abuse me hey man I just want some muesli.

Back