PES 2020/21 Noob question

Tatty

Striker
My son is wanting PES 2021 off Santa this year rather than Fifa. I see that PES 21 is being sold as an update to PES 20, and is therefore much cheaper. My question is, do I need to buy PES 20 too? Does it have to be 20? Not 19, 18 etc? Once you have 21 do you need to keep 20 or can you sell it on again? Trust him to switch to PES when it's not straightforward! Cheers

PES 2021 is a standalone game albeit it's PES 2020 with a squad and kit updates and a blue menu instead of a purple one :neutral:

I'd also recommend holding off until December to buy it, it always comes down in price about then.

My son is wanting PES 2021 off Santa this year rather than Fifa. I see that PES 21 is being sold as an update to PES 20, and is therefore much cheaper. My question is, do I need to buy PES 20 too? Does it have to be 20? Not 19, 18 etc? Once you have 21 do you need to keep 20 or can you sell it on again? Trust him to switch to PES when it's not straightforward! Cheers

You can just buy the newest one. Its cheaper because its basically the same game as per 20 but with the updates to teams and stuff for this seasson

If you play on PS4/PC, all those updates can be done via an option file anyway can't they? Meaning you don't need to buy the new one?

Just had a few games on this on the series x, prefer it to be FIFA if i am honest, plays like a dream. If only we could get an option file...

Back