PES 2018

Anyone played FIFA 18 on here as well? How do the 2 compare. I didn't bother with last years FIFA, but the wait for online matches on PES is a massive pain. Anyone know what the 'busiest' online mode is on PES?

For the first time in a long long time, Fifa is the better game. I’m probab going to trade PES in soon as I doubt I’ll go back to it. Cracking game gameplay wise but every other aspect of it is poor in comparison to FIFA. FUT is a far more complete game mode than MyClub. I was enjoying MyClub but as soon as I stared playing ultimate team I realised how basic it was

Is it your first time playing UT? Other than the squad battles, which is hardly groundbreaking stuff as it's basically offline Weekend league, I don't see anything new.

I think it comes down what you want most in a football game. If it's a lot of modes and licences then go for FIFA. If it's gameplay then PES wins by a mile.

Last edited:
Tbh you can see the script in ML too, the headers from 2" going wide, players defying physics, players running away from the ball, that animation where it actually looks like your player deliberately slows down and is just waiting to be tackled, hitting the post with simple shots etc. but it doesn't bother me in that because you do want some kind of challenge and it's all automated bollocks anyway at the end of the day, I mean I'd win every game 4,5,6-0 without it, and it'd get dull. It's p2p is where I can't stand it. It just doesn't need to be there.

Initially I thought that if you hit a black ball with your selection then you'd get one :lol: :oops: I thought, "This is piss easy, I'll have a team full of stars in no time." But no, all silvers. apart from one gold I got earlier on after wining the challenge cup. Rated 74 :neutral: I have silver players better than him, doesn't make sense.

Saying that, played a few games of FIFA today....made me appreciate PES that little bit more :neutral: God, what a mess.

The players you have improve though ... so your 74 gold will have a higher level ceiling and probably end up 85+

Is it your first time playing UT? Other than the squad battles, which is hardly groundbreaking stuff as it's basically offline Weekend league, I don't see anything new.

I think it comes down what you want most in a football game. If it's a lot of modes and licences then go for FIFA. If it's gameplay then PES wins by a mile.

Both decent games and I’m not disagreeing with you as I also think the gameplay is better. But it’s rubbish online, takes ages to get a game and the leagues/MyClub etc just feel very basic. If they’d added a live transfer market and an offline league to MyClub I’d probably edge back towards PES

Both decent games and I’m not disagreeing with you as I also think the gameplay is better. But it’s rubbish online, takes ages to get a game and the leagues/MyClub etc just feel very basic. If they’d added a live transfer market and an offline league to MyClub I’d probably edge back towards PES

I think it's alright online tbh, certainly a lot better than it used to be. MyClub, you're right, it's not as polished or as varied as UT but I don't know, I think I kind of prefer the different dynamics of setting up a team. But then I've played UT since it's conception 8-9 years ago so I think I'm just a bit bored of the whole thing now. New aspects they introduce every year like weekend league or squad battles seem interesting at first but then just seem to lose their appeal quite quickly. For me I'm not entirely sure if it's FIFA's direction of gameplay over the last few year that is the cause or UT or just a bit of both. Used to be a big fan of Pro Clubs too, but that has also died.

I played a bit more FIFA last night, I still think the gameplay is a bit crap, overly automated attack, almost manual defence, it's a bit bizarre.. but it's not as bad as I'd initially thought. Might even keep it at this rate and have both, and somehow convince my brain not to play FIFA with PES controls and vice versa.

The players you have improve though ... so your 74 gold will have a higher level ceiling and probably end up 85+

Ah, that makes sense. I did think it was a bit strange like. Cheers.

Last edited:
what are people team strength score (on squad management page). I'm 1866 and I'm utter dog shit.

I'm 1905. I was pretty decent the first couple of weeks but everytime I play online now the opposing player has Messi , Sergio Ramos etc and pisses on me. I'm decent against the COM ..Top Player level but online I'm utter dog shit.

I'm 1905. I was pretty decent the first couple of weeks but everytime I play online now the opposing player has Messi , Sergio Ramos etc and pisses on me. I'm decent against the COM ..Top Player level but online I'm utter dog shit.
pisses me off a bit every time I come across a team with Ronaldo or Messi they are rubbish then give it one of them and they score.

Team Chem makes a massive difference online mind but I'm dog shit even then really struggle to break teams down

All my good players are defenders like one black ball ive got and it was bloody Alex Sandro

I've just had my first ever venture into the world of online gaming this weekend!! It's bloody brilliant!

My team is only just over 1600 but I'm pretty much holding my own (only lost 2 out of 14) despite, as others have said, every other team seemingly having Maradonna, Messi and a host of others. I do have Ronaldo but he's my only black baller and the rest of my team are pretty average to say the least (Moussa Sissoko is my second best player which probably says it all!). I'd like to change that and have the points now to buy a few good scouts but my manager apparently can't manage the skill level and my team spirit falls away to single figures. I stupidly splashed out on another manager not realising what criteria was needed to fix the team spirit and he doesn't have the requisite skills either apparently. The only managers that do seem to have enough aren't available for points but have to be bought with coins. Does anyone have any tips how I can convert points to coins? Or how I can circumvent the whole thing.

Does anyone have any other general tips for MyClub?

First night I've not enjoyed playing tbh. One scripted defeat and a couple of horrible pressure opponents
I prefer the pressure opponents personally mate. I find you can just play round them if you're willing to be patient/boring and pass it around a bit. Plus their players are normally knackered by 65 minutes so you can then pick them off. I find it much harder playing against people that play the game 'properly', stand off you and keep their shape.

Last edited:
I've just had my first ever venture into the world of online gaming this weekend!! It's bloody brilliant!

My team is only just over 1600 but I'm pretty much holding my own (only lost 2 out of 14) despite, as others have said, every other team seemingly having Maradonna, Messi and a host of others. I do have Ronaldo but he's my only black baller and the rest of my team are pretty average to say the least (Moussa Sissoko is my second best player which probably says it all!). I'd like to change that and have the points now to buy a few good scouts but my manager apparently can't manage the skill level and my team spirit falls away to single figures. I stupidly splashed out on another manager not realising what criteria was needed to fix the team spirit and he doesn't have the requisite skills either apparently. The only managers that do seem to have enough aren't available for points but have to be bought with coins. Does anyone have any tips how I can convert points to coins? Or how I can circumvent the whole thing.

Does anyone have any other general tips for MyClub?

I prefer the pressure opponents personally mate. I find you can just play round them if you're willing to be patient/boring and pass it around a bit. Plus their players are normally knackered by 65 minutes so you can then pick them off. I find it much harder playing against people that play the game 'properly', stand off you and keep their shape.
You can choose the manager with the higher management skills as your main man and your preferred manager as sub tactics. Thats what i usually do until a higher level manager becomes available who's formation I like.

Yeah. Think its part of the scripted shite where it just allows the opposition to score or nearly score

I'm wondering if it's got something going to do with player moral. I refused to sell alaba for example, now when I try to play him he just stands on the half way line. Got the same issue with Marquinos now too.

Back