PES 2018

I only play MyClub online. Too many silver ball players in my defence to be any good but Griezmann , Mbappe up front with Mata and Bakayoko in midfield makes me competititive. I've given a few players a bloody nose.
Lukaku the same for me I front of maradona. The rest are silver / bronze jobs

Well I'm f***ing lifting at this game :lol: getting absolutely schooled online in the lowest divisions on myclub :lol:
Ps4? ;)

Is there any pattern/trick to the silver/gold/black balls in selecting them? Just since I've got Messi had silver ball every time.

Got about 7 silver left wingers now. :neutral: Nee defence but my left midfield is strong as fuck :neutral:

I like how they've doled out like 20,000 GP as an apology just because their server was being updated for a couple of hours . I didn't even know it had. Cheers Konami. Now give me a decent player.

Last edited:
Anyone played FIFA 18 on here as well? How do the 2 compare. I didn't bother with last years FIFA, but the wait for online matches on PES is a massive pain. Anyone know what the 'busiest' online mode is on PES?

anyone playing through new challenge mode on master league? Makes it a lot harder to stick with a team when doing poorly. Felt harsh not being offered new contract at sunderland after getting them promoted by playoffs then finishing 15th in the premier league next season, owner wanted top 9! Still really enjoyable, ended up going to west ham so i could stay in PL, for some reason they have defoe up top and he is still class even though quite old.

Anyone played FIFA 18 on here as well? How do the 2 compare. I didn't bother with last years FIFA, but the wait for online matches on PES is a massive pain. Anyone know what the 'busiest' online mode is on PES?
Myclub or divisions if you fancy playing Madrid , PSG or Barca every game. I've got both and played 3 games of FIFA. Loving pes online so far. No lag in sight

I sold FIFA 18 after 4 games. PES 2018, imo, is better in all gameplay departments. Servers are slightly better than last year. Don't struggle to get a game in either 3v3 or myClub, and the waiting times have been cut. Still a longer wait than FIFA but bearble. Lag wise too is better, occasionally shite, but otherwise okay.

anyone playing through new challenge mode on master league? Makes it a lot harder to stick with a team when doing poorly. Felt harsh not being offered new contract at sunderland after getting them promoted by playoffs then finishing 15th in the premier league next season, owner wanted top 9! Still really enjoyable, ended up going to west ham so i could stay in PL, for some reason they have defoe up top and he is still class even though quite old.

I went for normal mode, you get the same demands (Owner wants me 9th in the PL too) but you don't get fired (I think?) and get to sign players Sunderland could only dream of buying, or my case, make decent youth players great. I'm going to repeat what I did last year, as it was fun, making us into the biggest club in the world and then move onto to some shit foreign team , make them great in one season, then move on again, rinse and repeat.

I went for normal mode, you get the same demands (Owner wants me 9th in the PL too) but you don't get fired (I think?) and get to sign players Sunderland could only dream of buying, or my case, make decent youth players great. I'm going to repeat what I did last year, as it was fun, making us into the biggest club in the world and then move onto to some shit foreign team , make them great in one season, then move on again, rinse and repeat.
Did enjoy doing that on last PES but do find this challenge mode entertaining, best player i could get to come to sunderland was Danny Rose when i got promoted, made sense as he wasn't getting a game for spurs but his wages were way too high for a newly promoted club, ended up filling up rest of squad with loans to compensate. Challenge mode seems to make you really consider how much you are gonna pay a player.

Did enjoy doing that on last PES but do find this challenge mode entertaining, best player i could get to come to sunderland was Danny Rose when i got promoted, made sense as he wasn't getting a game for spurs but his wages were way too high for a newly promoted club, ended up filling up rest of squad with loans to compensate. Challenge mode seems to make you really consider how much you are gonna pay a player.

Myclub or divisions if you fancy playing Madrid , PSG or Barca every game. I've got both and played 3 games of FIFA. Loving pes online so far. No lag in sight
Sound. Probably won't bother with FIFA again this year then. I just wish it'd connect to games online quicker!

Sound. Probably won't bother with FIFA again this year then. I just wish it'd connect to games online quicker!
Fifa is the same game as it has been tho ultimate team is okay. If i had to pick between pes and fifa it would be pes. But if you have the money and love football games its not the worst buy.

First night I've not enjoyed playing tbh. One scripted defeat and a couple of horrible pressure opponents

I'm going through a real bad run on MyClub . My strikers are suddenly missing sitters and keeper is dropping clangers. My opponents all seem to 600+ rated guys with mostly black balls who are obviously just pressing the team press button .

I'm going through a real bad run on MyClub . My strikers are suddenly missing sitters and keeper is dropping clangers. My opponents all seem to 600+ rated guys with mostly black balls who are obviously just pressing the team press button .

been playing this myclub having never bothered in the past. Got a half decent team, some 80+ strikers (Messi, Benzema etc) however they play shit, struggling to get any win even against the com. I changed them all and put in a team of mid 70 ranked players from my bench and won the next game five nowt. Makes nee sense

been playing this myclub having never bothered in the past. Got a half decent team, some 80+ strikers (Messi, Benzema etc) however they play shit, struggling to get any win even against the com. I changed them all and put in a team of mid 70 ranked players from my bench and won the next game five nowt. Makes nee sense
having good players shouldn't just make you win the majority of games, setting up a game plan that works to how you play is most important, also check if the players you have fit that game plan style well or not.

Is there any pattern/trick to the silver/gold/black balls in selecting them? Just since I've got Messi had silver ball every time.

Got about 7 silver left wingers now. :neutral: Nee defence but my left midfield is strong as fuck :neutral:

I like how they've doled out like 20,000 GP as an apology just because their server was being updated for a couple of hours . I didn't even know it had. Cheers Konami. Now give me a decent player.
Nah no trick mate. All a load of shite anyway really. I've had a few where it's gone one past the black then it'll sling one back and stick on black ball.

Noticing the script in myclub like. It's like they've looked at FIFA's UT moneypit and thought, "We want some of that...let's do exactly the same thing,"
That's Myclub to a tee tbh. I don't mind that much. I love this game but there's so much you can still exploit that annoys me.

Nah no trick mate. All a load of shite anyway really. I've had a few where it's gone one past the black then it'll sling one back and stick on black ball.

That's Myclub to a tee tbh. I don't mind that much. I love this game but there's so much you can still exploit that annoys me.

Tbh you can see the script in ML too, the headers from 2" going wide, players defying physics, players running away from the ball, that animation where it actually looks like your player deliberately slows down and is just waiting to be tackled, hitting the post with simple shots etc. but it doesn't bother me in that because you do want some kind of challenge and it's all automated bollocks anyway at the end of the day, I mean I'd win every game 4,5,6-0 without it, and it'd get dull. It's p2p is where I can't stand it. It just doesn't need to be there.

Initially I thought that if you hit a black ball with your selection then you'd get one :lol: :oops: I thought, "This is piss easy, I'll have a team full of stars in no time." But no, all silvers. apart from one gold I got earlier on after wining the challenge cup. Rated 74 :neutral: I have silver players better than him, doesn't make sense.

Saying that, played a few games of FIFA today....made me appreciate PES that little bit more :neutral: God, what a mess.

Last edited:

Back