Pes 2011 = garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having played it last night, it is just too fast, too arcade-y, passes too accurate etc.
It just doesn't feel as realistic as PES.

And for those reasons, I'm afraid I'm out.

What am I doing wrong? :eek:

I don't understand this years FIFA not being realistic?

It seems to me like the most realistic I've ever played

Me too fella

Exactly, it couldnt get much better.

PES is like a prototype version of FIFA. Some of the konami game developers need sacking for messing up what was once the better playing game.

I dont understand how people think FIFA is the 'arcade' one of the 2...PES is derived from a Japanese arcade game, made by a japanese company which now has barely any licenses, therefore is unrealistic and also plays shit in comparison to FIFA.

I used to love PES but last years effort was like something you'd see in the arcades down shields fair in the mid 90's for 20p a shot.

Agreed.

What am I doing wrong? :eek:

Your not, you can turn assisted passing off, which is better for realism.

The ball is amazing how it spins, bounces and curls, PES doesnt seem to even use a football, it is a medicine ball.

Who really gives a flying fuck about licenses? Never stopped PES being far superior to FIFA back in the day. If you're that bothered you can download a patch anyway. Never understood people who would choose a football game just because it has the proper names - and I personally know a few people who did this.

Who really gives a flying fuck about licenses? Never stopped PES being far superior to FIFA back in the day. If you're that bothered you can download a patch anyway. Never understood people who would choose a football game just because it has the proper names - and I personally know a few people who did this.

i used to love playing the master league
even about 20 seasons in when you were getting all the mint players like Zidane and that at age 19 after theyd retired
loved that like
inzaghi and anelka up top with a combined age of 43, class

i used to love playing the master league
even about 20 seasons in when you were getting all the mint players like Zidane and that at age 19 after theyd retired
loved that like
inzaghi and anelka up top with a combined age of 43, class

Longing for The Master League now :cry:

Why can't Konami pull their finger out?

ISS - Pro Evo 2 on the PS1. Now that was a mint game.

:cool: Love that game.

I think the current FIFA and PES would not be what we know them as now if it wasn't for ISS. It was the first football game where it was a case of seeming like a real football match, i.e not just hammering sprint all day and running past everyone.

:cool: Love that game.

I think the current FIFA and PES would not be what we know them as now if it wasn't for ISS. It was the first football game where it was a case of seeming like a real football match, i.e not just hammering sprint all day and running past everyone.

It was an awesome game. Remember sitting playing that with a mate on
co-op from mid morning one day, listened to Super Kev hit a hat-trick at Valley Parade that afternoon, continued playing til' it was about 10pm and didn't even realise the time.

But it cant brag to have the same fluid gameplay now. Its amateurish in comparison with FIFA.

Its got nowt to do with licenses! However nowadays the gameplay is far far superior on Fifa.

But it cant brag to have the same fluid gameplay now. Its amateurish in comparison with FIFA.

Agreed. I have played the PES 2011 demo over and over again, and there is no getting away from the fact that its a shite arcade game that kids wont play.

If people still want to pretend they are cool because its a game with no licenses and shite gameplay, I say let them play that rubbish :-D

I won't be playing either, so I'm not trying to be cool if that lame comment was aimed at me. Just pointing out a few things that's all. ;)

I won't be playing either, so I'm not trying to be cool if that lame comment was aimed at me. Just pointing out a few things that's all. ;)

It honestly wasnt mate :lol:, I find that typical of PES fans nowadays.

Well at least your not buying PES and condoning it, so your on the right track of becoming a Fifa fanboi ;)

Personal preference:
Arcade game - Fifa vs Football sim - PES.

I'm not going to bother with either though this time round.

PES - a football sim?

Not a very good one. It feels like you're playing with a medicine ball ffs.

I've not played it but I honestly can't take your comments at face value as you are a raving FIFA fanboi.

I was a PES fan for years. I even convinced some of my mates to convert over from FIFA to it after telling them time and time again it was a better game, which it was. The last 2 years or so has seen that imo completely turn around and FIFA is the better game now in every way. Like others I feel it's a shame as I never stopped playing the master league thing as well and played it that much I had to use the hardest level to make it a challenge. Even though I now think FIFA is the better game I still don't play it anywhere near as much as I played PES back in the day

I was a PES fan for years. I even convinced some of my mates to convert over from FIFA to it after telling them time and time again it was a better game, which it was. The last 2 years or so has seen that imo completely turn around and FIFA is the better game now in every way. Like others I feel it's a shame as I never stopped playing the master league thing as well and played it that much I had to use the hardest level to make it a challenge. Even though I now think FIFA is the better game I still don't play it anywhere near as much as I played PES back in the day

Exactly the same with me, I used to worship pro evo and hated fifa boys, but since Fifa 09, PES has gone backwards. Before Fifa and Pro evo were released last year, me and another mate were having huge arguements on facebook (all in good humour) about how Fifa is now better, I persuaded him to get Fifa 10 and he loves it so much that I seen him in a queue of 500 people at Boldon Asda last week for Fifa 11 :lol:

Looks pretty good to me.

:eek:

:lol:

PES - a football sim?

Not a very good one. It feels like you're playing with a medicine ball ffs.

Agreed, also the noise when you kick the ball sounds like the ''duv duv'' bit in the Eastenders theme tune

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYa_KfLTtM[/ame]

I haven't played FIFA for years because PES was always better, but I never got round to trying the last couple of releases of either.

Compared to the last one I played (PES 5 or 6 possibly?) it looks decent enough.

Thats fair enough mate, I was the same as you after those games.

If you ever give both games a good try you like myself and other millions will realise fifa is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back