Pes 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ive played 3 games and so far i think its pretty shite, the control of certain players has been improved upon namely your messi's etc. but trying to play with Guadalajara its like playing with a concrete pitch which your players are stuck in, defenders on the opposition hold on to the ball for ages...dont pass and force you to commit a foul to get the ball away from them, the AI is horrific in the 3 games i played 4 own goals happened because the defenders youst wouldn't stop after disposessing me in their own box and just charge at their own keeper with which he steps aside, passing seems fluid enough, crossing and long passing the ball hangs way too much and as fast as the game is going the tempo is gone by the time it lands.
Goalkeeping is decent...in the sense that they save anything thrown at them aside from charging players on their own side, i knew it was time to turn it off when a defender went full stretch on the line and pushed away a shot with his leg after being near the corner flag...i dont mind reality in a game but fuck me Usain Bolt would have had to have been outpaced by that fucker.

3 Shots that i took bounced off all 3 posts and were then cleared and my own keeper seems to have a nervous diposition where he wont do what i tell him, such as pass short...several presses later and off he hoofs it to oblivion.

Very very poor i aint impressed

Last edited:
Disappointing, PES is becoming a joke. Why can't they just scrap the match engine and start again?

Cheers for the write up anyway mate, you've saved me a download. ;)

Disappointing, PES is becoming a joke. Why can't they just scrap the match engine and start again?

I think it's great, a vast improvement on any of their other next gen efforts (not hard I know).

With all due respect it hardly sounds like he's gone into it with an open mind and the difference you feel in controlling Messi and the like compared to the lesser players is one of the things that actually appeals to me about the game and is about the only thing that FIFA still lags behind on. You really get a sense of player individuality in this game that I never get in FIFA. I also think the ball physics are superb on flighted balls and shots, it's on some passes along the ground where the ball seems to slow too quickly that I think it is questionable.

I'm completely addicted to the demo (although it took some getting used to)and that bodes well for the full game, which I'll definitely be buying.

I suspect it will still be lagging some way behind FIFA (I obviously haven't played the demo yet) but it had a massive amount of catching up to do and since FIFA doesn't have as much scope for improvement, since it's class already, I'd be very surprised if PES hasn't closed the gap.

PES2011 certainly isn't a joke.

I think it's great, a vast improvement on any of their other next gen efforts (not hard I know).

With all due respect it hardly sounds like he's gone into it with an open mind and the difference you feel in controlling Messi and the like compared to the lesser players is one of the things that actually appeals to me about the game and is about the only thing that FIFA still lags behind on. You really get a sense of player individuality in this game that I never get in FIFA. I also think the ball physics are superb on flighted balls and shots, it's on some passes along the ground where the ball seems to slow too quickly that I think it is questionable.

I'm completely addicted to the demo (although it took some getting used to)and that bodes well for the full game, which I'll definitely be buying.

I suspect it will still be lagging some way behind FIFA (I obviously haven't played the demo yet) but it had a massive amount of catching up to do and since FIFA doesn't have as much scope for improvement, since it's class already, I'd be very surprised if PES hasn't closed the gap.

PES2011 certainly isn't a joke.
i do understand its an early build but im not impressed, im not a fifa fanboy by a long stretch but its dissapointing

i do understand its an early build but im not impressed, im not a fifa fanboy by a long stretch but its dissapointing

I don't think it is too early of a build, I wouldn't expect major changes in the retail version, nor would I want too many.

Try not to play it like you play FIFA, that was the mistake I was making initially and it stunted my enjoyment and what I could get out of the game.

I don't think it is too early of a build, I wouldn't expect major changes in the retail version, nor would I want too many.

Try not to play it like you play FIFA, that was the mistake I was making initially and it stunted my enjoyment and what I could get out of the game.
its a bit sad to see Konami constantly f***ing this up, they got complacent and are now struggling to catch FIFA.

PES/ISS used to be streets ahead of Fifa, this one has improved considerably but simple things are so flawed its unbeievable

is the demo out for xbox?
i dunno mate i got early access on PS3 from that Playstation plus thingy

i wouldnt say its not worth a download mate...horses for courses, i like to play a game myself then get my own opinion, you will have your own, give it a try and see what you think.

I cant tell you how you will enjoy it

its a bit sad to see Konami constantly f***ing this up, they got complacent and are now struggling to catch FIFA.

PES/ISS used to be streets ahead of Fifa, this one has improved considerably but simple things are so flawed its unbeievable

I honestly haven't experienced any of the AI bugs you're talking about.

i wouldnt say its not worth a download mate...horses for courses, i like to play a game myself then get my own opinion, you will have your own, give it a try and see what you think.

I cant tell you how you will enjoy it

This.

Is it still using robotic movement animations? :neutral:

No, vastly improved. Still not close to FIFA though in my opinion on the animation front.

I still prefer PES player models in still frame but FIFA seem to have adressed one of my major hang ups with theirs which was the wierd slopey shoulders which seem to have been fixed this year and look much better.

Edit:here's a video someone's made from the demo, you can see how much they've improved the animations in my opinion.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3qhKScxPts&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

doesnt feel fluent at all for me

it feels more like a series of different bits put together whenever you pass
whereas fifa feels more like youre in control of everything

for me this just plays like when youre in a cut scene on a game and have to press a button to duck/jump/etc
plus its far too straight lined

I honestly haven't experienced any of the AI bugs you're talking about.

This.

No, vastly improved. Still not close to FIFA though in my opinion on the animation front.

I still prefer PES player models in still frame but FIFA seem to have adressed one of my major hang ups with theirs which was the wierd slopey shoulders which seem to have been fixed this year and look much better.

Edit:here's a video someone's made from the demo, you can see how much they've improved the animations in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3qhKScxPts&feature=player_embedded
i was doing 2 player with a mate and his just wouldnt respond to passes and goalkicks and such tried switching controllers but nowt worked, both controllers were working fine before and after, just very clunky imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back