Perspective

Mackemmark74

Central Defender
Obviously very disappointing today and there can be negatives thrown at LJ and the odd player.
But overall weve played 7 games this season and if you look at performances we have been the better team in every game. You arent going to win every game and 16 points from 7 games is more than good enough. We need to be more clinical, ruthless and see games out but its actually fun watching the Lads again. Lets not piss the bed after a bad result.

Obviously very disappointing today and there can be negatives thrown at LJ and the odd player.
But overall weve played 7 games this season and if you look at performances we have been the better team in every game. You arent going to win every game and 16 points from 7 games is more than good enough. We need to be more clinical, ruthless and see games out but its actually fun watching the Lads again. Lets not piss the bed after a bad result.
agreed. good post mate.

I'm not too down about it tbh. That's football, gonna be games we throw away as will every other team. We didn't lose and the keeper was excellent so take the positives. Bailey Wright however shouldn't be selected

Sure that second half was the worst we have played and even then we were more complacent than poor.

I think it's been amazingly positive this season and this game has been a good warning - firstly in a bit of a wake up call to the players that as much as they have bossed games they still need to play 90 minutes and secondly to the management that the strategy of a young squad with a few seasoned pros is very much just a young squad if one of the seasoned pros is missing/suspended

Sure that second half was the worst we have played and even then we were more complacent than poor.

I think it's been amazingly positive this season and this game has been a good warning - firstly in a bit of a wake up call to the players that as much as they have bossed games they still need to play 90 minutes and secondly to the management that the strategy of a young squad with a few seasoned pros is very much just a young squad if one of the seasoned pros is missing/suspended
Did Corey Evans not come on today ?

Think it's more the disappointment of throwing away a 2 goal lead. Had we scored the 96th minute equaliser or come back from 2 down I'm sure most fans would be relatively pleased at getting the point away from home.
As is, it's a massive missed opportunity and one that the lads need to rectify by winning our next two home games

No Flanagan = concede more than one goal - Blackpool & today. Something to consider. Disappointed today but onward and upward.

Did Corey Evans not come on today ?
Yeah I was more referencing Flanagan, I'm astounded to find myself saying it but he's been quality both personally and in leadership of his back line, thought his absence was the difference between a draw and a win today. C'est la vie. The big question is how they respond at Wigan and I look at that squad and actually fully expect a top result and statement of intent.

We have had a fantastic start to the season. There are trends beginning to show however, such as we seem to be hanging on to one goal leads at the end of games.
This is mainly down to our inability to kill teams off.
There are also still legitimate questions hanging over the manager, and whether he has the proactive ability to change things when the game isn't going our way.
But as I said, still a great start to the season.

Think it's more the disappointment of throwing away a 2 goal lead. Had we scored the 96th minute equaliser or come back from 2 down I'm sure most fans would be relatively pleased at getting the point away from home.
As is, it's a massive missed opportunity and one that the lads need to rectify by winning our next two home games
Like us away at Crewe last year…….these things happen….players need to learn from it and move on

Great post totally agree

Back