Personal Trainer Earnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be getting bombarded by emails & adverts this week to train to be a Personal Trainer with prospective salaries of £30k up to £60K. Is this really what they make? It sounds a bit too good to be true.

I seem to be getting bombarded by emails & adverts this week to train to be a Personal Trainer with prospective salaries of £30k up to £60K. Is this really what they make? It sounds a bit too good to be true.

Personal trainers with celebrity clients might make that much. Your average trainer in a gym's earnings are dependent on how much they work. It won't be 30k for most of them. I think 20k is about right.

Personal trainers with celebrity clients might make that much. Your average trainer in a gym's earnings are dependent on how much they work. It won't be 30k for most of them. I think 20k is about right.

Cheers, thought as much. I'm getting all this since accepting a PTs friend request on facebook but he's evasive on how much they make.

Think sepersesh will know, but it's all about Facebook for pt but I think there's lots of really bad PTs, I know a lad who is very good and it looks boring as fuck watching lasses do cable pull downs with 5kg on the pulley.

I'd coach athletes all day and be as driven and passionate as could be but I could never be arsed to train a lass to lose 3 pounds before her holiday.

Think sepersesh will know, but it's all about Facebook for pt but I think there's lots of really bad PTs, I know a lad who is very good and it looks boring as fuck watching lasses do cable pull downs with 5kg on the pulley.

I'd coach athletes all day and be as driven and passionate as could be but I could never be arsed to train a lass to lose 3 pounds before her holiday.

There's scenarios where I could see 'normal' personal training being very rewarding. A lad at my gym is currently helping someone who has recently had a bad accident and been left wheelchair bound. You can see how much effort he's putting into it preparing stuff before his client even gets there.

Would love to do it but feel you need a financial base / foundations before moving into it. When I've looked at it over the years there are very few opportunities to earn a salary doing it it's all your own business , I don't know how people keep sane with the fluctuating demand

Great money if you work hard at it, started for free until got first two transformations, then £15 an hour, then £25, then £35, last 3 clients I had on books was £45 an hour. ( yes I agree it's shocking price, but millionaire type clients ) just gotta put the time in and dedicate your life to it, and reputation grows enough to get top clients.

When I started I was thinking to myself some one is Coaching celebs and millionaires and they ain't got nowt I can't do, so made it my goal and got there.

Packed it now though as moved on.

Tips

Don't do lvl 3 reps or online courses until you transform your own physique naturally first ( if you can't make the journey yourself or had experience dieting down to sub 10% then you don't know shit)
Learn and get qualified in nutrition if you want to get clients best result
Don't shag clients
Don't listen or be like other pt's
Get in best condition you can, don't show off , but set an example
Don't be scared to tell clients to fuck off if they take the piss, don't cash cow a fat lass who you know won't get results, set goals, go above and beyond, if she doesn't want it .... let her go. You will progress your career and reputation much quicker with ppl who want to take your advice serious. Don't pick easy option and settle for regular money.

There are loads of past clients who hate me and told me to fuck off as I've told them the truth, however there are more clients who's life I helped improve as I've cut the BS and told them what needs to happen.

Oh and don't go commercial you have to rent gym etc. I'm sure Les who owns fitness 2000 is doing a great deal for pts where they just have to pay £3 entry fee for client and that's it.

Stressful job at times,like most jobs, but very rewarding.

I'll finish with saying 75% of PT's in U.K. Are an absolute joke and don't know what they're doing.

Usually they have to pay rent to the gym, then keep whatever else they make after that. Some budget gyms will exchange hours manning the gym instead of rent. Down London, the price for rent was usually over a grand as standard from who I've spoken to.

Great money if you work hard at it, started for free until got first two transformations, then £15 an hour, then £25, then £35, last 3 clients I had on books was £45 an hour. ( yes I agree it's shocking price, but millionaire type clients ) just gotta put the time in and dedicate your life to it, and reputation grows enough to get top clients.

When I started I was thinking to myself some one is Coaching celebs and millionaires and they ain't got nowt I can't do, so made it my goal and got there.

Tips

Don't do lvl 3 reps or online courses until you transform your own physique naturally first ( if you can't make the journey yourself or had experience dieting down to sub 10% then you don't know shit)
Don't shag clients
Don't be scared to tell clients to fuck off if they take the piss, don't cash cow a fat lass who you know won't get results, set goals, go above and beyond, if she doesn't want it .... let her go. You will progress your career and reputation much quicker with ppl who want to take your advice serious. Don't pick easy option and settle for regular money.

There are loads of past clients who hate me and told me to fuck off as I've told them the truth, however there are more clients who's life I helped improve as I've cut the BS and told them what needs to happen.

Oh and don't go commercial you have to rent gym etc. I'm sure Les who owns fitness 2000 is doing a great deal for pts where they just have to pay £3 entry fee for client and that's it.

I'll finish with saying 75% of PT's in U.K. Are an absolute joke and don't know what they're doing.

I think you're being extremely generous there mate.

Usually they have to pay rent to the gym, then keep whatever else they make after that. Some budget gyms will exchange hours manning the gym instead of rent. Down London, the price for rent was usually over a grand as standard from who I've spoken to.

I think you're being extremely generous there mate.

haha, true

Tips

Don't shag clients

Whether or not a trainer has dieted to less than 10% is largely irrelevant.

If I'm hiring someone to help me get stronger or, peak for a powerlifting meet or generally improve my form then a coaches body fat % is not something I'm likely to care about.

Sorry must of worded that wrong pal, agree with what you're saying... But what I meant was .... a coach should have achieved low level body fat themselves before they teach it to others. Not always rock around at 8% :lol:

You can have all qualifications in world, but nothing beats experience of dieting and the things to expect along the way. Having that experience is invaluable to pass on to clients.

Sorry must of worded that wrong pal, agree with what you're saying... But what I meant was .... a coach should have achieved low level body fat themselves before they teach it to others. Not always rock around at 8% :lol:

You can have all qualifications in world, but nothing beats experience of dieting and the things to expect along the way. Having that experience is invaluable to pass on to clients.

What I look for in a coach is the ability to smash down 4 Big Mac meals in one sitting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back