Persona 5 Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 22635
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22635

Anyone else picked this up? I finished the vanilla version a couple of years back thinking it was one of my favourite games of all time. Having ploughed 70 hours into this version and being nowhere near finished it, I'm on the point of declaring it my favourite game of all time, it's that good (one particular boss aside).

I will be picking it up when there's a price drop, thoroughly enjoyed the original version. Playing the FF7 remake at the minute, TLOU2 will be due out by the time I finish that. I may even have cyberpunk to buy before I get P5R.

Some of it is embarrassingly cringey, I found it tons of fun though.

First proper jrpg I played was the original Persona 5 release. Think I put around 50 hours in and only got to the 3rd or 4th palace (the bank). I was enjoying it but stopped playing for some reason. No way I could start up from where I left off and couldn't be arsed on to start again.

I am so in to this. No idea why as I don't feel like I'm doing a lot :lol:

Never played anything like it before, got it with the PS5 collection for free.

I often think about going back to this as I only got to the 3td dungeon by the time I binned it off (after 50 hours). Great game

I always think I’ll like this game but it seems a bit cringey whenever I watch videos of it.

It seems like something I’d have loved 20 years ago.

5 hours in and still being told new battle techniques so sounds right. I imagine it's a bit less stop start in that sense after that?
There's a lot of cut scenes, it's a jrpg. The gameplay when you're in the palaces is interrupted less often.

Still not clocked this yet, finished the fifth Palace.

There's a lot of cut scenes, it's a jrpg. The gameplay when you're in the palaces is interrupted less often.

Still not clocked this yet, finished the fifth Palace.

Don't mind that. The cut scenes have kept my interest so far. Having to forward the dialogue helps

Kept going on my phone when playing assassins creed as the cutscenes are just too long

If I get the Royal version to get the extra content will I have to start again or can I continue from the vanilla version? I'm 50 hours in now....

I think i clocked the original at 80-100 hours, something stupid. Got 80% of the trophies too. Don't think I have the time to do Royal & play the other games still sat in the wrapper.

Ended up getting Royal version. 120 hours later platinum.

Brilliant game. Definitely justifies the 10/10 ratings. Only this and The Witcher 3 could keep my same level of interest after 100 hours

Anyone played Persona 5 Strikers?

Back