Persona 5 Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 22635
  • Start date
Ended up getting Royal version. 120 hours later platinum.

Brilliant game. Definitely justifies the 10/10 ratings. Only this and The Witcher 3 could keep my same level of interest after 100 hours

Anyone played Persona 5 Strikers?
Not yet, will pick it up eventually.

Currently doing the end run of the original game, so at the arse end of December now. Still need to do the additional Royal months. Will get the plat as long as I clock it, done all of the missable ones.

CBA with NG+ for the thieves den stuff.
Edit: I just realised you can twat people when sprinting all of the time, not just when you're driving Mona. :oops:
Addition:

Into the Royal stuff now, the narrative is really good. I wish more of the original game had bad guys that weren't cartoonishly evil, I'm somewhat on this lads side.

Last edited:

Played some of the original version, maybes about 20 years a year ago, but I'm tempted to get Royal while it's on sale. I know 20 hours seems a long time but it's pretty much nowt for P5 judging by the length of the game. Any advice on whether I should just sack off the original version and play Royal?

Played some of the original version, maybes about 20 years a year ago, but I'm tempted to get Royal while it's on sale. I know 20 hours seems a long time but it's pretty much nowt for P5 judging by the length of the game. Any advice on whether I should just sack off the original version and play Royal?

Yes! Get Royal. Much more complete game. Arguably my favourite game of all time.

I got 60 hours into the original then bought Royal and going back through didn't feel like a drag as loads had changed.

Yes! Get Royal. Much more complete game. Arguably my favourite game of all time.

I got 60 hours into the original then bought Royal and going back through didn't feel like a drag as loads had changed.
I was going to finish the original version then pick Royal up but I've still never gone back to it, it's quite cheap atm so I might just pick this up. I saw the Persona 5 anime was on All 4 on demand so that has rekindled my desire to play it again. My poor backlog though :lol:

it's too daunting to go back to the game for me. I think I'd done 50 hours and I was only on the 3rd or 4th palace (the bank). I really enjoyed the game but it was just too long in the end

I've ordered it, I definitely want to play it again at some point, and because I hadn't played for a while I might need to start again to get the hang of it so I may as well do that with Royal. It was £20.64 or something on Shopto

I've ordered it, I definitely want to play it again at some point, and because I hadn't played for a while I might need to start again to get the hang of it so I may as well do that with Royal. It was £20.64 or something on Shopto
Got it on PSN over Christmas, it's the superior version and a pretty easy plat if that's your bag.

Got it on PSN over Christmas, it's the superior version and a pretty easy plat if that's your bag.
Aye, I thought if I'm going to start all over again, may as well get the better version. It's in the PSN sale for £22 or something now. I do like getting Plats or 1000g on Xbox games if I'm enjoying the game like and if it's not a massive grind/absolute solid.

Aye, I thought if I'm going to start all over again, may as well get the better version. It's in the PSN sale for £22 or something now. I do like getting Plats or 1000g on Xbox games if I'm enjoying the game like and if it's not a massive grind/absolute solid.
You need to manage your time well to get it with one playthrough, you still need to rank up all of the confidants and get your stat wheel up.

There's no bullshit like "buy every soda" or "100% the persona list" though.

You need to manage your time well to get it with one playthrough, you still need to rank up all of the confidants and get your stat wheel up.

There's no bullshit like "buy every soda" or "100% the persona list" though.
Cheers, I don't think I managed my time very well on my original run. I'll probably read a few tips before I start so I make the most of it

I don't think I'm too far off where I left off on the original P5, still only on the second Palace like, just under 20 hours in. I'm glad I started again with this rather than go back to the original one

I can’t believe I put it off for so long. Probably going to be the first game I finish in ages before I get bored and stop playing.
It's absolutely quality. I was a bit put off when I saw that it was going to take 100+ hours to beat it, 140 hours later it did not feel like a grind at all, and never got bored (except for a certain palace that you'll encounter later on)

Back