Perseids

I’ll be taking my kids up to a high point to watch this. We did this whole on holiday a few years back and it was a fantastic night.

Had a brilliant night watching them in Ibiza. We were in Portinatx on the northern tip of the island and walked round the headland away from the hotel, so it was pitch black. Lay on the beach and watched them for hours. The bairns thought it was amazing :D

Have you seen the f***ing weather forecast

I hadn’t when I posted this Joe. Just checked and it’s dry but cloudy up your way. There’s always hope you get a clear spell.
Had a brilliant night watching them in Ibiza. We were in Portinatx on the northern tip of the island and walked round the headland away from the hotel, so it was pitch black. Lay on the beach and watched them for hours. The bairns thought it was amazing :D

I’m in Madeira with the family and plan to drive up to Pico do Arieiro tomorrow night. Just trying to work out cloud cover.

Last edited:
Will there be much to see tonight? I'm up at Wooler this week and the sky is superb up here dead of night. Sat about 2 in the morning a few nights ago and saw some then.

I hadn’t when I posted this Joe. Just checked and it’s dry but cloudy up your way. There’s always hope you get a clear spell.

I’m in Madeira with the family and plan to drive up to Pico do Arieiro tomorrow night. Just trying to work out cloud cover.
Madeira is a fantastic Island. Enjoy.

Light patchy cloud in otherwise clear skies tonight. The moon was bright earlier but appears to be setting now. It's a bit cool out, but managed to see a handful before coming back indoors.

Sunday night seen about 5. Last night woke up for a piss at about 4 so popped me head outside and seen loads. Proper falling stars too, none of this shooting stat shite.

Back