Perseid Meteor Shower

Do you know what time to start watching?
When is the Perseid Meteor Shower 2020?
The Perseid Meteor Shower is an annual event starting in mid July. The peak is on August 11th, 12th, or 13th depending on the year. After peak, rates drop and the meteor shower ends late August. In 2020 the peak evening is on the evening of August 11th and morning of the 12th.

copied and pasted from the links above

Well I managed to capture about two hours of time lapse before my battery packed up (I'd fallen asleep long before then). Two hours of clouds. Won't bother tonight as the forecast looks worse.

Clear skies here in Hampshire last night. I watched for about 5 minutes before I got bored, two meteorites, two satellites and lightning flashes in the distance.

I'm not sure but if I do see them how'll I recognise them?

Just like bits of light shooting across the sky.

Didn't see any last night as it was too cloudy. It's that wispy hazy cloud here at the moment, so maybe if that disappears a bit we'll see some tonight.

Didn't see any last night as it was too cloudy. It's that wispy hazy cloud here at the moment, so maybe if that disappears a bit we'll see some tonight.
I saw one last night, coming from the NE direction at about 10pm, it was very bright, and over in about a second. Not a hint of any more, as it just got too cloudy.

I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding. BDS asked if I'd seen "Wills Mothers", Having no idea what "Wills Mothers" were I asked him what they looked like. You replied "Just like bits of light shooting across the sky". I assumed this was some kind of phenomenon I hadn't heard of before like Sprites or something. Now I've googled it its just a saying about the weather, nothing to do with meteorites.

Back