People with degrees that are a bit thick really

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Dave Herbal, Apr 15, 2018.

1. I blame smartphones.

Everything is autocorrected these days giving people no reason to practise their grammar etc.

I've found it myself, used to be really good with punctuation / grammer a few years ago mind, now that i'm handing in assignment for uni I am pretty shocked at how my standards have fallen.

2. You fucking liar!

3. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

What was your degree in and were they actively publishing in that field?

4. Quiet ;)

FishburnMackem likes this.
  5. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Way to expose your lies. Anyone who has worked in academia knows that a bank holiday quite often looks no different to a normal working day!

C-S-L Mackem, Tomma and Flared Hicks like this.
  6. Poor man's Trojan Horse?

7. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Prince Charles.

8. WHD

WHD Striker

Which university are they studying at? One of the main things you are told when producing degree work is not to write in the first person.

9. It's the common sense element that lacks with most. As well as that, education from my experience is largely based on theoretical nonsense which has little to no relevance in everyday life/jobs.

10. Frijj

Frijj Striker

I read she’d won significant sums of money but it’s the internet so pinch of salt and that...

11. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Hartlepool college. Thing is, he Thor’d most of it and still managed to fuck up the bits he wrote himself.

12. HebburnMackem

HebburnMackem Striker

Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci and Thomas Edison were all dyslexics. The topics of study they chose have little or fuck all to do with English other than in your own mind.

13. Kevj

Kevj Winger

Civil and structural engineering. Both did have peer reviewed papers. But on both occasions, the content is theoretical and would not work in the field.

I raised a query with one (I studied part time whilst working) and the reply was both ridiculous in terms of practicality and not safe to carry out.

14. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

Can't teach common sense like.

Kevj likes this.
  15. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

He’s not dyslexic man. Just didn’t take notice in English and hasn’t bothered since.
    If I was a lecturer I’d be failing papers with English like that regardless of content.
    You’re supposed to leave college and get a job where you might be required to write reports. Do you think that’s acceptable?

mux and Aituk7 like this.
  16. MooBaaOink

MooBaaOink Striker

Tut tut.

17. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Should've gone with managers.
    Mangers is a step too far :lol:

I had a graduate at our place once ask which way a screwdriver goes.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Dave Herbal likes this.
  18. HebburnMackem

HebburnMackem Striker

A good reason why your not then. But that's a different argument about his job now being about writing reports, where I agree with you then.

19. Genuinely have a staff member with a degree in network security who doesnt understand slash notation for subnets.
    If you arent in IT (or just a nerd) that might not mean much to you, if you are you will think I'm lying.
    I'm not.
    No point asking me how or why or anything, I've wondered myself and there is no explanation.

20. ajthemackem

ajthemackem Striker

*you're

Howard the Duck likes this.