People with degrees that are a bit thick really

I did my degree at home over 6 years from the Open University. I also worked for 2 years as a full-time proofreader and I was disappointed with the standard of writing in books and university submissions. Although it did make me a few quid...

I am now happily retired as a part-time wasp pilot and wicker-bottomed chair repairer.

I’ve told him outright that he sounds daft but he ignored me.

He sounds like a lost cause.

One thing I have recently discussed with my missus (no) is that some people may be naturals in academia, but are not suited to applying this in the real world. There were two such lecturers on my degree. Very clever, but no common sense or ability to apply the theory practically.

I believe the same can be said for some who don't take pride in their use of English.

Just offererd to proof read a lad at work’s college assignment. He has a degree in automotive design, so should be pretty competent, I thought.

I thought wrong. I’m no English Professor but fuck me it looked like it was written by a child. Spelling, punctuation and grammar all over the shop. Different spellings of the same word (raiser/razor). Clunky sentence structure. I spent about 2 hours re-doing it for him.

What are they teaching kids these days when you can get a degree with a complete lack of English skills?
another made up story in the life of an smb legend. where does it end? love this guy

Just offererd to proof read a lad at work’s college assignment. He has a degree in automotive design, so should be pretty competent, I thought.

I thought wrong. I’m no English Professor but fuck me it looked like it was written by a child. Spelling, punctuation and grammar all over the shop. Different spellings of the same word (raiser/razor). Clunky sentence structure. I spent about 2 hours re-doing it for him.

What are they teaching kids these days when you can get a degree with a complete lack of English skills?

I’d have said no thanks.

He may be dyslexic without knowing it.

I read an assignment for an mba for somebody at work once. He was prattling on about ‘property saviours’. I asked him about it. He meant ‘surveyors’. I had to explain. Twice.

Back