People with degrees that are a bit thick really

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Dave Herbal, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Just offererd to proof read a lad at work’s college assignment. He has a degree in automotive design, so should be pretty competent, I thought.

I thought wrong. I’m no English Professor but fuck me it looked like it was written by a child. Spelling, punctuation and grammar all over the shop. Different spellings of the same word (raiser/razor). Clunky sentence structure. I spent about 2 hours re-doing it for him.

What are they teaching kids these days when you can get a degree with a complete lack of English skills?

2. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

The spelling, grammar and handwriting from our 2 university graduates is shocking like. My GCSE teachers would have told me to fuck off if I'd handed in similar for homework.

3. yorkyexile

yorkyexile Striker

Two words Bagpuss and Stumpy. Says it all really

4. Can he do internet banking whilst driving though Dave?:eek:

chunkylover53 likes this.
  5. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

If you are reading this Adam. I mean you.

Reptilia, SYB_DC, Slow joe and 3 others like this.
  6. gardni

gardni Midfield

It's not him that's to blame, unfortunately when you copy and paste large chunks of text from various sources online they don't always match up.

I hope this is coincidence as I've always spoken good England.

SYB_DC, Nicky Winterwasp and Smiler like this.
  7. muggboots

muggboots Striker

Automotive design and suchlike.

I'd also like to know how many times you checked that post for grammar and spelling mistakes. :lol:

8. Frijj

Frijj Striker

Not sure how anyone mangers to get through university with poor spelling and grammar mind.

9. I hope that’s deliberate

bobpc30, Lukas73 and Willie McFeat like this.
  10. FIVE

FIVE Striker

11. Frijj

Frijj Striker

Thank you for ruining my joke mate. I was hoping to catch at least one.

chunkylover53 and Lexingtongue like this.
  12. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

:lol: Could arguably have a comma before mind, too. Suppose pedantic things like that are down to personal style these days, though.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  13. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

Maybe I’m being a bit critical as I write technical reports for a living and i know the kind of phrases that are used. But when you read things like “ Three samples was tested and here is what I saw” :lol:

14. Frijj

Frijj Striker

Who uses the first person anymore?

I certainly don’t.

15. Kevj

Kevj Winger

Inexcusable. You should have refused to review it until, as a minimum, he'd corrected the basics first.

Dave Herbal likes this.
  16. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

Was it a piece of wood?

17. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

Asking someone who makes such mistakes to correct something like that is a never-ending task. When I was teaching I would sit down and explain certain rules to the kids and it just doesn't go in for some of them.

18. My degree doesn’t just prove that I’m git clever and that, but it also demonstrates to prospective employers that I was committed to education, dedicating a whole 16 hours each week over 3 years to my studies.

19. nelford_safc

nelford_safc Striker

I'm shite myself and don't have a degree but some of the scientists at work fuck me...their emails are shocking.

20. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

Lass at work apparently has a degree, I think she’s just a lying smelly twat. As she’s not ower clever and has bo.

jayjaysafc likes this.