People with BMWs

Just bought a 335d x-drive M sport shadow edition touring, in estoril blue.
It is the longest named car I've ever seen but I feel deep fake as it's got m-badges on the wings..

I also feel a plonker that its got an itallic logo on the back and a 313bhp engine driven by a couple of turbos. I've been undersold and this thread makes me miserable.
Can't work out why people drop a load of cash on a car to buy a diesel tbh.

Oh dear ! Not sure if you're 17 or an "IT consultant"

Semi-retired, so it's good for driving the fishing gear really fast from place to place. This is no estate car, it's a "touring", ready for the Riviera, not out of place in humble towns like Cannes or At Tropez. My ego is protected by the factory fitted privacy glass and the m wing badges that hide the devil beneath..

Why do you stick an M badge on? You look silly.
haha always gets a chuckle on the BMW group on facebook. as a page its brilliant when if i come across an issue of any quesions servicing related since only having mine a few month now but on there they cannot stand those who have a standard bottom spec model and have the m badges all over it.

for the record mine has the badges but its a legit m-sport so as it left the factory
It is the longest named car I've ever seen but I feel deep fake as it's got m-badges on the wings..

I also feel a plonker that its got an itallic logo on the back and a 313bhp engine driven by a couple of turbos. I've been undersold and this thread makes me miserable.

its when people buy the M grills to try and make the msport look like a M3 which is embarrassing.

tbh the engine in his 335d will be mega. MPG can be around 50-60mpg but goes like shit off a stick. cracking engine.

Last edited:

Very underrated motor.
You really should try some of the 35d engines they produce. It's a brilliant compromise for the driving most drivers do, especially with the x-Drive.

Last edited:
Very underrated motor.

You really should try some of the 35d engines they produce. It's a brilliant compromise for the driving most drivers do, especially with the x-Drive.

Reality is I wanted an estate car so I could hoy my fishing gear in the back and go on some longer drives, just so happens I could afford a nice spec BMW. The 335d motor is sensational, the best diesel ever made!

This ego accustation stuff makes me laugh, as for short journeys I use my missus's 11 year old ford fiesta and it's a fetching bright metallic purple colour 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
Reality is I wanted an estate car so I could hoy my fishing gear in the back and go on some longer drives, just so happens I could afford a nice spec BMW. The 335d motor is sensational, the best diesel ever made!

This ego accustation stuff makes me laugh, as for short journeys I use my missus's 11 year old ford fiesta and it's a fetching bright metallic purple colour 😎
I've got the 435d. With the x-Drive and the auto gearbox it keeps most things humble off the line around town and nipping off a round-a-bout. Also gets 45mpg if I'm going a long distance motorway run. Perfect for me.

I've got the 435d. With the x-Drive and the auto gearbox it keeps most things humble off the line around town and nipping off a round-a-bout. Also gets 45mpg if I'm going a long distance motorway run. Perfect for me.

Similar experience. That ZF 8 speed box is fantastic..best diesel ever married to one of the best engines ever

Yup, 435d x-drive

The wife (no) had a 435i, and for some reason I cannot fathom BMW decided that you can’t have four wheel drive as an option?

I'm looking at the 435d couple. Seems ridiculously quick
Honestly think they’re one of the most underrated engines on the road. They all seem to come with x-Drive and a lovely auto gearbox. You’d be amazed how many Golf GTIs and similar are up for a drag race off the lights and end up way behind.

0-60 in 4.7 seconds in the wet, and capable of of 45+mpg. What an all-rounder.

Back