People who've got nowt/do nowt telling you to do with your time and money

It's a funny one like.

Got a mate/former colleague who's always complaining about being skint and feels the need to talk about what he would do if he could/had the money.

For example, 'why are you still doing this/that/the other? If I was you I'd take a sabbatical or just quit your job and go travelling'.

This is from someone who hasn't left the country for about 10 years. He isn't skint either, just a proper tight ****. Puts his wages into a savings account, gives himself a monthly allowance, never leaves the house and then says he's hard up. Bizarre.

Proper strange you like.

Rent? Just leave, you don't owe anyone any money.
Mortgage? Rent out your gaff to pay the mortgage.

Neither of those require you to have money in the bank.
Generally a sabbatical would be time out without a major fk on which sorting your mortgage/job etc is ,yeah with a canny bit planning and he right job anyone could do it on a budget

The thread was meant to be about people who do nowt passing opinion on how you spend your time and money. I used an example that has come back to bite me on the bottom.
To be fair you're canny good at chirping up on threads with little in the way of input on the subject ...
You know any good late bars in the Toon btw ? Nowt flash or disco ?

Last edited:
To be fair you're canny good at chirping up on threads with little in the way of input on the subject ...
You know any good late bars in the Toon btw ? Nowt flash or disco ?

What do you mean 'on threads'?

This lad texted me out of the blue at 9 o'clock this morning to tell me he'd been given a promotion and a pay rise.

What do you mean 'on threads'?

This lad texted me out of the blue at 9 o'clock this morning to tell me he'd been given a promotion and a pay rise.
Don't notice anyone on here usually
You chirped up about the "toon" where others answered my question and i've since noticed its your calling card .With regards tight people they are a law to themselves ,any late bars then ?

Don't notice anyone on here usually
You chirped up about the "toon" where others answered my question and i've since noticed its your calling card .With regards tight people they are a law to themselves ,any late bars then ?

I took the piss out of you for referring to Newcastle as 'the Toon', so what?

f***ing hell man. :oops:

To be honest it was more about him being cheeky as suggesting my life's shite and if he was me he'd fuck off. Funny how these things always backfire.
It amazes me how many members of the SMB have absolute wankers for “mates”. Why do you even have such people in your life?

It amazes me how many members of the SMB have absolute wankers for “mates”. Why do you even have such people in your life?

It's someone I used to work with who I've not seen for about two years. He got in touch to let me know he'd moved jobs, and a former colleague of ours has moved jobs, and that he's got married.

Asked me what I was up to and he decided I'd be happier if I packed it all in and went travelling.

Back