People who've been around forever

Well here's a blast from the past for those old enough, Carol Baker will be 90 on May 28.

Star of Baby Doll and The Big Country in the 1950s and then How the West was Won in the early 1960s.

yet bloke I’m after my username was dead at 29 through drink & drugs barmy isn’t it
Funny enough when I was very young, around 5, Hank Williams was the first, what they called then a gramophone record, I ever heard in a friend's house. I remember because the friend was around 13 and had an acoustic guitar so played Frank to impress me I think. I think Frank also published learn to play guitar tutorials.

Last edited:
Nooooooooo !!! You`re right - forgot about Tim Brooke Taylor. I interviewed TBT years ago and he was genuinely humbled that people still seemed interested in The Goodies. He was a genuinely modest and pleasant person. I went to the show in Darlington a few weeks later with my kids and met TBT and Graeme Garden afterwards to give him a copy of my article. Both were really nice too and it took me right back to my childhood.
Worked with his nephew Simon Brooke Taylor many yrs ago.

Back