People who wait at traffic lights when there are no traffic in sight.

Use the live in the sleepy town of Mukah in Borneo, it had one set of traffic lights in total and on a none relevant junction. Apart from the odd driver, most everyone waited on red, when you could see 500m either way, that nothing was coming.

It’s always worth remembering the road system is not a road system..........It’s a race track, where if people don’t traverse across it at the fastest rate possible, we’re all going to spontaneously combust!
The car 🚗 is about getting you from A to B...........and not to A & E

Last edited:
They stand and wait for the signal even when there are no cars to be seen for miles, why don't they just cross over when there is no oncoming traffic.
Aye and they press the button when there isn't a car in sight.
More annoying are the ones who do cross but press the button anarl so that when you get to the lights they change to red but the fecker has already crossed.
Even more annoying is when this happens.

It is a one thousand kroner fine here if you do and get caught. So most people here happily wait for the green man. I take it with me when I go abroad as well.

Love a bit Rush. Such a shame there will be nothing further from them.

They did kinda lose me as Geddy brought more keyboards in but I did go back.

Great band.
Me too. I really thought we would have had one final tour with R40, but it never made it out of America. I believe that was the plan but Neil peart was really suffering physically and just had enough. They went out on top with their integrity 100% in tact.

I agree about the keyboards. I was gutted when Signals came out and they were name checking The Police, Ultravox and Visage. I hated it at first BUT, because they were my favourite band, I persevered and it really grew on me and in fact I credit that album to opening my eyes to a wider range of music and started listening to more electronic based bands and Ska music as a result. I still love that album and play it more than most of their albums these days. That mid-period from Permanent Waves To Hold Your Fire is timeless and those classics before those albums are still great to pull out every now and then.

I bought everything up to and including Exit stage left. Then I stopped. I loved Farewell to kings and Hemispheres but now I think I like Moving Pictures more than anything.

I’ve seen them a few times but not for years. I’ve met Fin Costello who used to do a lot of their photos.

They stand and wait for the signal even when there are no cars to be seen for miles, why don't they just cross over when there is no oncoming traffic.

If I'm with my daughter, who I'm training to cross the road safely, I want her to get used to waiting for the green man before she tries to cross. Otherwise she'll just scoot blithely out into any traffic that might be coming, like most 3-year-olds. Following on from that, if I'm on my own but there are other small kids at the crossing I'll wait until the green man to save someone else having that 'why did that man just cross on a red light, daddy?' conversation. But if I'm on my own, I'll cross on a red light if the road is clear.

In Prague, some of the green men flash on for about 2 seconds and then flash off leaving you in the middle of the carriageway as the traffic starts to move around you. Chaos.

Back