People who talk at the cinema

You should go to the subtitled screenings as there are fewer people there and they tend to sign rather than talk. Some screenings are intended for mothers with young children, so if you are too lazy to read the type of screening it is then that is your own fault.

You should go to the subtitled screenings as there are fewer people there and they tend to sign rather than talk. Some screenings are intended for mothers with young children, so if you are too lazy to read the type of screening it is then that is your own fault.

Well the film was on at 8.50pm so was deffo not for young mothers and I'm not sure it was the type of film I wanted to watch with subtitles. Thanks for the advice though

Was at the cinema a few weeks ago with a lass who had some chocolate sweets, minstrels or malteasers or something. Literally 30 minutes of some of the loudest packet rustling I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Fuck knows how these people survive in life mind. Safe to say she got pied.

I don't know if it's just me getting older and more cantankerous, but there seems to be a general increase in irritating selfish wankers with no conception of anybody else outside of their own bubble. It's about time some of the businesses they occupy clamped down and made an example of them, but unfortunately they are all manned by softcocked minimum wagers who couldn't give a flying fuck.

One in the Philippines had all the fast food outlets outside which deliver, first half of the film is delivery guys trudging around and people standing up calling their attention and russling around for their money. Oh and conducting family discussions during the film is totally normal in most countries round here.
The PI is one of the worst countries for cell-phone use during a movie,constant non-stop checking of social media,txt’ing and chatting.

Basically if it's not shown at the Tyneside Cinema I don't go. I admit I'm a bit of a snob, and that suits me just fine.

In fact I was told to shush once when watching the awful Only God Forgives, as I was laughing hysterically. :)

It seems things are no different over the pond

Plenty to kick off about there
I ended up in a Cinema in South Carolina watching some Jesus film (Risen I think it was)
Was OK until about 20 mins in when the God squad started shouting out "praise be" and "Amen" when the lad playing Jesus delivered a line

I was very uncomfortable as it soon became obvious I didn't belong

I ended up in a Cinema in South Carolina watching some Jesus film (Risen I think it was)
Was OK until about 20 mins in when the God squad started shouting out "praise be" and "Amen" when the lad playing Jesus delivered a line

I was very uncomfortable as it soon became obvious I didn't belong
What possessed you to do this?

Basically if it's not shown at the Tyneside Cinema I don't go. I admit I'm a bit of a snob, and that suits me just fine.

In fact I was told to shush once when watching the awful Only God Forgives, as I was laughing hysterically. :)
Posh old ganny alert!;)

According to the locals, I may have been possessed :lol:

tbh, we were bored and went to the cinema, felt obliged to pick something after trailing out and having dinner. Film itself wasn't bad, but the crowd - wow
Saw that on an aeroplane where the choices were limited. I’m absolutely not a god bothered but thought it was canny - a more realistic and plausible take on the whole thing (< relative of course!).

Last edited:
Horrible cretins in my opinion

Went to watch Annabelle last night at Luxe Durham and Couple along from us literally never shut up !!

Fella behind lost the plot with him and told him in the end
Should be shot IMO.

I never go anymore, would rather wait till things are downloadable and just watch at home. The general public are mororns.
I agree about the public being morons but I still love going to the cinema. Go about once a week, usually with the bairn. Lion King on Sunday :)

Last edited:

Back