People who ride horse driven carts and ignore the rules of the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen loads of them doing it whilst I'm driving about, with me own eyes. Nearly causing a pile up or two, but I must be seeing things..
Unless they wait for you to be around before they "nearly" cause pile ups. I think you will find in a pile up everyone that hits another car are to blame. That's a fact. Not because I nearly seen it

Unless they wait for you to be around before they "nearly" cause pile ups. I think you will find in a pile up everyone that hits another car are to blame. That's a fact. Not because I nearly seen it
So running red lights and forcing other drivers to get out of their way is not nearly causing a pile up?
Keep your lads under control, eh?

Because I can't put in any simpler terms. If you can't make the most basic of links.

Times change, just because something was here first like you say doesn't mean that it's still relevant in this day and age. Happens in all sorts of advancements, not just roads.
Clue is in the word link pal. There's no link. We are talking about roads and horses using them. Your example was nowhere near mate as if it where you could use any old for new example. Slow down for horses pal. It's in the Highway Code.

So running red lights and forcing other drivers to get out of their way is not nearly causing a pile up?
Keep your lads under control, eh?
Wish I could but I generally let people think for themselves. Horses can be unpredictable that's why you should slow down and be aware of the road.

Last edited:
All the problems everyone is mentioning happens everyday a 1000 times over involving other cars. Not all insured. But we will blame the horse owners.
Maybe it does, but these riders are not insured, not taxed, not registered, they have no numberplates, no seatbelts, and ignore the highway code knowing fine well that no one can touch them, cos some of them are hard as fuck.

Clue is in the word link pal. There's no link. We are talking about roads and horses using them. Your example was nowhere near mate as if it where you could use any old for new example. Slow down for horses pal. It's in the Highway Code.

Wish I could but I generally let people think for themselves. Horses can be unpredictable that's why you should slow down and be aware of the road.
So the rider takes no responsibility for the actions of his horse?

So the rider takes no responsibility for the actions of his horse?
No that's why it's stated in the Highway Code and the theory tests about the dangers of being around horses on the road. Expect to slow down or stop. That's why previous posts are nonsense as the driving standards agency still recognise the fact horses use the road. The raping and pillaging and Neanderthals rolling stones along the road gets mention. And I'm made to feel thick.

No that's why it's stated in the Highway Code and the theory tests about the dangers of being around horses on the road. Expect to slow down or stop. That's why previous posts are nonsense as the driving standards agency still recognise the fact horses use the road. The raping and pillaging and Neanderthals rolling stones along the road gets mention. And I'm made to feel thick.

They use it but shouldn’t

Huge danger and have no place on the roads

They use it but shouldn’t

Huge danger and have no place on the roads
Driving standards agency are not convinced. They think it's the vehicle driver that should be more careful. Am just going by the letter of the law but I respect your opinion but until the law changes please take care around vulnerable road users.

Driving standards agency are not convinced. They think it's the vehicle driver that should be more careful. Am just going by the letter of the law but I respect your opinion but until the law changes please take care around vulnerable road users.

But they’re a danger to other drivers. A huge danger.

But they’re a danger to other drivers. A huge danger.
Keep saying huge will not change anything pal. Cyclists are a danger to themselves as much as other road users. But they have a place on the roads the same as horse riders. If you think everything is a danger apart from cars well that's just wrong ain't it? Car on car is by far the biggest danger. Of course it's about numbers but it's a fact.

Keep saying huge will not change anything pal. Cyclists are a danger to themselves as much as other road users. But they have a place on the roads the same as horse riders. If you think everything is a danger apart from cars well that's just wrong ain't it? Car on car is by far the biggest danger. Of course it's about numbers but it's a fact.
Most car drivers drive like sensible people. But every, that's every single person I've seen operating a horse driven cart, chucks the rulebook to one side and thinks it does not apply to them

Not getting spooked again are you?
Neigh

Most car drivers drive like sensible people. But every, that's every single person I've seen operating a horse driven cart, chucks the rulebook to one side and thinks it does not apply to them

Neigh
Steve mate that's the point like a cyclist it don't apply to them. You are supposed to observe the road and look out for vulnerable road users. Like a lorry turning right will use the left hand lane you are suppose to hang back and let him. But his rule book doesn't say use the left hand lane to turn right. It's a given

Steve mate that's the point like a cyclist it don't apply to them. You are supposed to observe the road and look out for vulnerable road users. Like a lorry turning right will use the left hand lane you are suppose to hang back and let him. But his rule book doesn't say use the left hand lane to turn right. It's a given
You're determined to ignore my point, and defend indefensible actions by these idiots with no licence, aren't you?

You're determined to ignore my point, and defend indefensible actions by these idiots with no licence, aren't you?
Am just following the law mate. If that defending someone without a license for steering a horse then your correct.
To be honest I think it just pisses you off that they don't pay tax or insurance. I think that you think you're above the law as you clearly don't want to bide by it. I think you think you're the best driver around.
In short. Are you a taxi driver

I’ll add horse riders in general to the mix here...it’s absolutely crazy that 13,14,15yr old lasses are allows to ride a half ton horse on a main road at rush hour or any time for that matter....it’s absurdly dangerous and irresponsible. It seems to be happening more and more.
I have said this for years, kids riding horses on a public road it's lunacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back