People who moan about smokers outside of pubs

When we were kids we had to go on buses and planes and to cinemas full of smoke and it didn’t do us any harm. I can’t believe we’ve become so soft that we’re scared of sitting near people smoking in the open air now. It’s pathetic.
Doctor’s surgeries too; my doc offered me a tab before he asked me what the problem was.

For you aye.
Spoiled only if sat outside next to smokers.

You mention kids spending too much time in rooms, but then begrudge them a trip to the pub with their family?
Massive turn off.I hate to see kids in pubs.

the worst kind is the type who show off and the parents think their kids are great and everyone in ear shot thinks they are dead funny.Other peoples kids are generally horrible spoilt brats.
That's quite a generalisation. Not all kids/parents are like that. I've certainly never experienced that. Obviously taking children into pubs at night is a no no, but can't see a problem during the day.

Last edited:

You mention kids spending too much time in rooms, but then begrudge them a trip to the pub with their family?

That's quite a generalisation. Not all kids/parents are like that. I've certainly never experienced that. Obviously taking children into pubs at night is a no no, but can't see a problem during the day.
I’d say most.The lack of self awareness in places like the Grange etc from these types of young families is quite high.
im not going to lie,I’d take my kids the odd time for a Sunday dinner out in the country sometimes but I’d always ask the barmaid if kids where allowed in and if they where my 2 would sit there and behave.
It’s an adult environment and if by chance kids happen to be there The odd time then they should be seen and not heard.

I’d say most.The lack of self awareness in places like the Grange etc from these types of young families is quite high.
im not going to lie,I’d take my kids the odd time for a Sunday dinner out in the country sometimes but I’d always ask the barmaid if kids where allowed in and if they where my 2 would sit there and behave.
It’s an adult environment and if by chance kids happen to be there The odd time then they should be seen and not heard.
There is a very big difference between taking your children to the pub for a meal with you and taking the kids to the pub with you because you fancy an afternoon boozing. The big difference is the type of parents who do the latter when compared to the former and allow the little bastards to run riot.

There is a very big difference between taking your children to the pub for a meal with you and taking the kids to the pub with you because you fancy an afternoon boozing. The big difference is the type of parents who do the latter when compared to the former and allow the little bastards to run riot.
Quite.

Another thing when gets my goat is when they are playing on iPads in them daft blue or pink covers at the table.Silly I know but I hate it.

Totally. Why take them out with you if they aren't able to enjoy the experience without being physically attached to an electronic device?

If we ever bring the kids out for a meal, the deal is they can have their tablet after their dinners are gone. If the dinner isn't eaten, they don't get the tablet. I see nothing wrong with that. It's not their choice to be there & it gives us a chance to talk without being interrupted every few seconds.

If we ever bring the kids out for a meal, the deal is they can have their tablet after their dinners are gone. If the dinner isn't eaten, they don't get the tablet. I see nothing wrong with that. It's not their choice to be there & it gives us a chance to talk without being interrupted every few seconds.
What about before they have eaten?

Do you allow them to have the tablets before they have eaten?

No, we all speak to each other. They don't even mention the tablet. Because they're told beforehand that it's the same as always. No tablet until the dinner is eaten.

Before the tablet came along, I remember my son used to be playing with his toy cars on the restaurant floor, basically being a trip hazard. That wasn't long being knocked on the head. It's not fair to expect them to sit there without any form of entertainment for the duration of a meal. If it's not one thing, it's another. My wife is a very slow water, as well. Meaning we stay longer than other people would. I take that opportunity to sink a few pints.

Me, not me. My kids are never sat in their room. Granted they’re only 1 and 5.

Back