People who make their cars sound gid loud

I think the fact that they develop their power so far up the rev range means that in normal driving you never get to hear them properly off a race track. I like a car with plenty torque at low revs personally.

Aye they don’t make the best daily drivers. Much more exciting when younget the chance to wring it out.

Why dont they save money and just drill a hole in it, sounds the same.

The science behind improved performance due to improvements in back pressure, flow and resistance within a chamber isn't the same if you simple drill a hole in the sidewall of a cheap exhaust. But this should be taken into account for decent cars, not shitty Citroens, Nova's etc (@Frijj ) and the like.

I had a new free flowing system put on my car, had a remap and it's now got over 25% more power. It was initially louder than a Boeing 747 taking off and it was ridiculous so I got a bigger resonator in the midpipe a slightly more restrictive Cat (1st cat was completely deleted in the manifold as it caused so much back pressure), now it's just a little louder than standard, sounds better and goes much better as well.
The louder you get the more annoying it can be on motorways as the drone is f***ing horrible on most cars cruising with loud boxes.
Just making it louder for the sake of it seems barmy in my eyes

I had a new free flowing system put on my car, had a remap and it's now got over 25% more power. It was initially louder than a Boeing 747 taking off and it was ridiculous so I got a bigger resonator in the midpipe a slightly more restrictive Cat (1st cat was completely deleted in the manifold as it caused so much back pressure), now it's just a little louder than standard, sounds better and goes much better as well.
The louder you get the more annoying it can be on motorways as the drone is f***ing horrible on most cars cruising with loud boxes.
Just making it louder for the sake of it seems barmy in my eyes

There is no tangible benefit to performance, so is utterly pointless.

Nee one pays 38k for a golf R man.

Just go on drive the deal and get one for 30k.

Aye I think coast2coast cars have the best deals on them, but any other 40k ticketed car you can do the same. It's just the price bracket they've put it in is impossible to justify.

True, but I want to know his secret :lol:

I’d like a £40k 5 series please

Key point is looking to be fair, and apart from cars I don't have any expensive hobbies. Don't go out on the lash every weekend etc. and i'm reasonable with my finances everywhere else.

Also a base 5 series on coast2coast at the minute is £31,500. Still a shit load mind, and if you're financing it's 2.9% APR. I'd recommend financing at that rate, you can save in current accounts higher interest than that.

Last edited:

Back