People who make their cars sound gid loud

Mines got a full stainless pipe on it, admittedly it’s too loud but it’s loads of fun. Bought it like that tho, if it ain’t broke...

What’s the f***ing point?

It depends, if they just change the back box then it's all noise and absolutely nothing else, if they change the full system for a much better one and have other modifications and remapped to suit then it can add a extra horsepower. Why you'd want spend that much to add extra horsepower rather than buying something else is another matter.

I often feel the same about motorbikers but they all threw a hissy fit last time I mentioned it on here.
bikes are a bit different, if I was riding one I'd feel safer knowing drivers around me could hear me and knew I was around.

Thing I don’t get now is why car manufacturers modify their exhausts/set the engine to dump droplets of fuel into the exhaust to make them sound like they’re farting every time you change gear.

It doesnt matter what exhaust you put on a 4 cylinder car , they will still sound shite. I can understand if you run a V6 or V8 though.
i got a hole in the exhaust of my 1 litre ford fiesta when i was at sunderland uni back in the 90s, convinced myself i sounded like a v12 ferrari on the drive along wessington way (to go to qwick fit!)

You know the types...do something with the exhaust to make the car sound 2 times louder. Usually some charva in a 10 year old corsa with No Fear stickers on them.

What’s the f***ing point?
I see this a lot by me, they gather at the Krispy Kreme drive through place. Sometimes it’s an organised thing with old classic cars (which I can understand) but most of the time they’re just fellas in their 30’s in tracksuits with child’s cars and awful lights on their Vauxhall Corsa’s. I just can’t get my head around it either.

Back