People who don’t say thank you when you hold a door for them...

I went into Iceland this week. We had to queue 2m apart to get in. The couple in front of me stopped in the first aisle and started arguing about what to buy. I stood there for a few seconds waiting for them to move on because it wasn't possible to get past with 0.5m clear let alone 2m. I could have said "excuse me" but instead I muttered "f***ing arseholes" which seemed to do the trick as they moved to one side.
Aye, there’s some absolute wazzocks around.

Aye, my 6 year old is more sensible (or thoughtful) than the majority of people we pass!

I don't have any issue with cyclists either, but it's brought out loads who have absolutely no consideration for others. They're all on the paths when the roads are quieter than they'll ever be and coming within inches of people they're riding past.
I've noticed that. I was walking to the shop the other day and had some fat arsed woman nearly knock me flying coming up behind me on the pavement on her bike doing twice the speed of sound.

So I did what anyone would do - shouted she was a fat **** and tried kicking the back of her bike, hoping she'd go flying. I missed, quite spectacularly😂

"TWO METERS PLEASE" quite loudly so other people hear and look.
Hasn't failed me yet, in fact I'm off to Asda today so no doubt I'll get to shout it again, quite amusing watching people jump back looking embarrassed :lol:

Walking with my Wife the other day, came across two women with 2 kids each standing across the Road from each other gossiping and totally blocking both pavements. Me and the Wife stopped and patiently waited for them to move on, never happened, we had to walk single file down the centre of the road on a blind corner to get past. they just carried on gossiping as if we weren’t there, kids running all over. No wonder A lot of kids grow up as they do these days when they are brought up by totally ignorant fuckwits.
I've said on here before, that I got a bollocking off a feminist for holding the door open for her. She something like I was paronising he. I wish I'd let the door slam in her ugly puss. Fucked if I do it anymore now for women.

I have had this too, thing is i hold as many doors for men as i do for women, bizarre reaction.
Cyclists have become a pet hate for me in the last 5 to 6 weeks too, not one or two but 95% will blast by us from behind as close to the kerb edge as possible, not a car on the road for 25 miles in either direction so they could easily swerve out 2 metres. We now always walk on the right so we can see them coming, even if there isn’t a pavement on the right, then we cross over until they get past. The thing is that as soon as i get my arse in the car i have cyclists suddenly taking the whole f***ing road up in front of me absolutely nowhere near the kerb or worse, riding 2 abreast.

Last edited:

We now always walk on the right so we can see them coming, even if there isn’t a pavement on the right
, then we cross over until they get past. The thing is that as soon as i get my arse in the car i have cyclists suddenly taking the whole f***ing road up in front of me absolutely nowhere near the kerb or worse, riding 2 abreast.

Basic stuff - highway code says:-
If there is no pavement, keep to the right-hand side of the road so that you can see oncoming traffic. You should take extra care and

• be prepared to walk in single file, especially on narrow roads or in poor light
  • keep close to the side of the road.
It may be safer to cross the road well before a sharp right-hand bend so that oncoming traffic has a better chance of seeing you. Cross back after the bend.

And cyclists riding 2 abreast is not a problem by the way.

Basic stuff - highway code says:-
If there is no pavement, keep to the right-hand side of the road so that you can see oncoming traffic. You should take extra care and

• be prepared to walk in single file, especially on narrow roads or in poor light
  • keep close to the side of the road.
It may be safer to cross the road well before a sharp right-hand bend so that oncoming traffic has a better chance of seeing you. Cross back after the bend.

And cyclists riding 2 abreast is not a problem by the way.

I know all of this mate, i'm 53 not 12, i meant if there's a pavement on the left and not on the right, we choose not to use the pavement due to cyclists banging past at the kerb edge from behind us, we don't see or hear them until they are on top of us and way too close. Coming from behind they have the vision and choice to pull out if there's no traffic, which as we live in the middle of nowhere is about 95% of the time, they just simply choose not to. Happens tiime and time again to the point where we now vacate the pavement to stay safe.

I don't have an issue with cyclists taking up half the road or riding two abreast but if they can get off the kerb edge to do that why not to stay 2 metres away from pedestrians and keep us all safe when they have the opportunity?

Back