People who don’t say thank you when you hold a door for them...

Goat Eyes

Striker
And we all tut loudly, mutter something under our breath or say thank you in a loud, sarcastic tone.

They’ve now been overtaken by ignorant twats who make zero effort to give some distance when you’re out on your daily exercise or at the supermarket. I don’t expect them to measure an exact 2 metres but at least make a little effort.

My course of action currently us to shake my head and mutter “what an ignorant arsehole” under my breath. My have to raise my game.

What’s your approach?

Become my favourite lockdown pastime, passive aggressive muttering at just about audible level when people

1. Take up the whole path and make no effort to move, particularly on the narrow trail paths

2. Don't acknowledge the fact I've stopped running, scrambled to the edge of a ledge or in to a load of brambles to give them room and just walk past without a care.

Become my favourite lockdown pastime, passive aggressive muttering at just about audible level when people

1. Take up the whole path and make no effort to move, particularly on the narrow trail paths

2. Don't acknowledge the fact I've stopped running, scrambled to the edge of a ledge or in to a load of brambles to give them room and just walk past without a care.

Aye, even my four year old is shit hot on picking a side to leave enough room.

I make a big point of an extreme parabolic social distancing to the extent that I feel safe in yelling ‘you ignorant twat’ at them from afar.

If people are nice I jut my chin out and say “nice two metres, two metre... nice” and mince away with my best Brucie impersonation.

I make a big point of an extreme parabolic social distancing to the extent that I feel safe in yelling ‘you ignorant twat’ at them from afar.

If people are nice I jut my chin out and say “nice two metres, two metre... nice” and mince away with my best Brucie impersonation.
You sound fun and embarrassing in equal measure.

We have a bizarre obsession in this country with 'please' and 'thankyou'. It's not really about courtesy it's more about receiving recognition about how courteous you are. People's frustration on not receiving recognition for opening a door or 'giving way' is something a lot of other cultures find baffling about ours. I find a lot of our 'manners' quite aggressive in a 'oi! Look how polite I'm being!' way.

Aye, even my four year old is shit hot on picking a side to leave enough room.

Aye, my 6 year old is more sensible (or thoughtful) than the majority of people we pass!

I don't have any issue with cyclists either, but it's brought out loads who have absolutely no consideration for others. They're all on the paths when the roads are quieter than they'll ever be and coming within inches of people they're riding past.

We have a bizarre obsession in this country with 'please' and 'thankyou'. It's not really about courtesy it's more about receiving recognition about how courteous you are. People's frustration on not receiving recognition for opening a door or 'giving way' is something a lot of other cultures find baffling about ours. I find a lot of our 'manners' quite aggressive in a 'oi! Look how polite I'm being!' way.
But that is our culture so why you’re comparing it to the rest of the world is baffling.
Get yourself one of these, hardwork backing into the shitter but does what it says on the tin.
I’ve got a rubber ring for the holiday I can’t go on, will use that. Good idea.

Thank you for taking the time to post this

And we all tut loudly, mutter something under our breath or say thank you in a loud, sarcastic tone.

They’ve now been overtaken by ignorant twats who make zero effort to give some distance when you’re out on your daily exercise or at the supermarket. I don’t expect them to measure an exact 2 metres but at least make a little effort.

My course of action currently us to shake my head and mutter “what an ignorant arsehole” under my breath. My have to raise my game.

What’s your approach?

Agree. Drum this into the kids at an early age and guess what you get polite well mannered children. Not difficult is it.

Back