People who are against vaccines.

The Wakefield scandal in the mid 90s is much to blame, yeah.

All vaccines come with risks but the benefits out weigh them.
Children don't get to make their own decisions though, they're reliant on their parents making the right call, and when parents don't make the right call - the state intervenes.

Vaccinations are safe - fact. Vaccinations prevent disease - fact. Vaccinations improve the health of the population - fact.

There is no reason for a child not to be vaccinated unless the child's GP or consultant believes the vaccination would harm that child as an individual, e.g. immunocompromised children, children with allergies etc.

Parents who do not vaccinate their children are exposing their children - and other people's children - to unnecessary risk and preventable harm. Vaccinations should be mandatory and parents who do not vaccinate their children should be prosecuted.

If you believes vaccinations aren't safe, that they don't prevent disease or they don't improve the health of the population then you are, quite simply, wrong.

Vaccinations are safe - fact.
Vaccinations still have risks, that statement is false.

Let people make their own choices on what they put in their bodies. Respect their decision. Nothing more to say than that.

Do have any idea how irresponsible that is on a societal level?
All i know is that when i was a child, children died from smallpox, scarlet fever, measles, polio, lockjaw (tetanus) whooping cough to name but a few. vaccines have in the main changed all that, parents rarely bury their children these days

Seriously, what do those who are skeptics of vaccinations have to say about this post?

Last edited:
My view would be that as much as I support vaccines and think vaccination is safe I don’t think people should be forced to vaccinate their child. I think it’s wrong not to vaccinate your child but would put it in the same category as allowing your child to be overweight / obese / eat unhealthy foods / not exercise. It’s bad for their health and wrong but not something the state should get excessively involved in via criminal sanction.

However I would fully support 1) not allowing unvaccinated children in schools, if public health deemed it necessary (Eg were an outbreak to occur), 2) more funding to campaigns on the benefits of vaccinations and 3) clamping down on the lies conspiracy theorists spread on social media.

The long story short is I think people and parents should be gently pushed into vaccinating their children and seriously encouraged to do so, but I’m not with you @Frijj in saying it should be a criminal matter that sees children taken into care & prison sentences etc.

I like how people are lumping all vaccines under one label. Some vaccines are safe. Some aren't. I wouldn't hesitate to get a flu jab. A new vaccine that's potentially been rushed through the usual checks and balances? Not so keen.

Let frijj take it first if it’s safe - even though he doesn’t even know what type of vaccine it is yet... they are all safe.... he’s a medical professional And he said so

Vaccines very rarely have adverse effects but the benefits of protection against disease far outweigh those risks. A tiny minority have adverse reactions to paracetamol. Should it be banned? My mother nearly died of diptheria as a child, my father nearly died of TB as a young adult, my older sister nearly died of pertussis as a baby. These are all diseases we have virtually consigned to history but only because of vaccination. Take that away and they will be back with a vengeance. Life expectancy in Victorian times wasn't low because adults died young. It was low because child mortality massively brought the average down. If you could survive childhood then there was a good chance you would live to old age.

Last edited:
I think that's a slippery slope there bud.
Taking it to an extreme..... if kids "arent religious " they can just eat whatever school dinners are put in front if them regardless of their parents religious beliefs.

As I say, I'm all in favour of widespread vaccinations but I'd rather see it done through education than people jailed and kids put into the care system

The courts have powers to force medical treatment on minors against the wishes of the parents. Vaccination should be no different.

The courts have powers to force medical treatment on minors against the wishes of the parents. Vaccination should be no different.
And we'll have to disagree there

As I posted, I think all kids (everyone) should be vaccinated but if people don't want to I'm not sure that compulsory vaccinations should be forced on people. I also don't think people should have their kids taken into state care and parents thrown into jail if they disagree with the state.

For those undecided about who is the dumb *** here I would suggest you look up 'pulse oximetry'.
if you show me a video of him walking around a supermarket whilst doing that then you will have me convinced

And we'll have to disagree there

As I posted, I think all kids (everyone) should be vaccinated but if people don't want to I'm not sure that compulsory vaccinations should be forced on people. I also don't think people should have their kids taken into state care and parents thrown into jail if they disagree with the state.

so if the state says you have to send your kids to school but you don’t then there should be no punishment?

Refusing to vaccinate your kids is not taking simple, free measures to protect them from harm. If you don’t protect your children from harm without good reason...should the state not intervene?

so if the state says you have to send your kids to school but you don’t then there should be no punishment?

Refusing to vaccinate your kids is not taking simple, free measures to protect them from harm. If you don’t protect your children from harm without good reason...should the state not intervene?
There should be intervention

but jail and having the kids seized and put into care is ott (imo)

On a seminar with Patrick Vallance, he mentioned there’s 130 different vaccines being made across the world and they’re prepared for every single one failing

Make the unprotected carry a bell and ring it everywhere they go so us vaccinated ones can keep away from them and their germs.
Having a vaccine does not stop you contracting 'germs'. It just means your body has the required antigens to protect youself should you get exposed to the 'germs'. And we should also remember that even vaccinated people are capable of spreading 'germs'.

For the record I am generally pro vaccine but felt compelled to mention the above.
just because your potentially against one vaccine doesnt mean your against all vaccines
This

I have had all the vaccines available in this country and several others before going abroad a couple of years back. However it sounds like the Covid vaccine might be rolled out before all the side effects are fully known. I am still undecided on the matter but I think I will rather take my chances against a virus that, on the balance of probability, I will not even notice contracting.

Last edited:

Back