People turning on Parkinson after 1 game

I can see what people are saying but we’ll be here in 10-12 games with promotion gone saying that it’s not good enough. So if it’s ok with people on here I’ll make my judgement now. He’s shit.

It's the straw that broke the camels back though. Ten years of mostly shite in the Premier league... But that's fine at least we'll win a few games in the Championship and be proud... Oh never mind at least League One will be fun for the season, potentially get to Wembley and win a cup as well as promotion... Ah okay then this season is our opportunity to learn from last season and finally have something to shout about...okay then if we get rid of Jack Ross and get an exciting new manager in for us all to rally behind... Oh wait we've appointed someone notorious for pragmatic, direct football which we don't have the players for.

After all that, I'm not surprised people are getting sick.

Well all the Ross our brigade were so deluded by our true place in world of football they are now getting the consequences of their actions. A new manager who will take time to bed in, but what’s more the level of manager that we can attract. (which is different to style granted). Ross was not first choice don’t forget, we were turned down by several.
I think Pearson and Phillips would have been a better appointment. I have never felt as negative about the club in my life. I almost can't be arsed with it all anymore. The football is atrocious, I don't know any of the players we sign or play against, dull atmosphere, mid table in league one. Honest to God man.

The Pearson who you don’t know was interested in the job or would work for the terms if he was. It’s not a computer game, people have to want to do it.
I’ve said for ages as a collective our hard earned reputation as a fantastic supporter base is massively tarnished by a significant bunch of selfish self entitled morons. we still get great numbers but what a bunch of arseholes we are becoming as a collective

The Irony is it’s not the division, not the owners, not the managers, not the players that make me disillusioned, it’s ‘some’ of the so called fans. It’s reflective in all clubs and society in general.
I think it’s time I took a rest from here and just enjoyed watching my football, as this place is poison.

Last edited:
Well all the Ross our brigade were so deluded by our true place in world of football they are now getting the consequences of their actions. A new manager who will take time to bed in, but what’s more the level of manager that we can attract. (which is different to style granted). Ross was not first choice don’t forget, we were turned down by several.

The Pearson who you don’t know was interested in the job or would work for the terms if he was. It’s not a computer game, people have to want to do it.

The Irony is it’s not the division, not the owners, not the managers, not the players that make me disillusioned, it’s ‘some’ of the so called fans. It’s reflective in all clubs and society in general.
I think it’s time I took a rest from here and just enjoyed watching my football, as this place is poison.

Don't go, mate. You're one of the few that keeps me sane on here.

If it wasn't for the Tuesday match, Parkinson should really have sat in the stands on Saturday. Two days isn't enough to make any changes stick. As anyone who's tried to change their golf swing knows it gets worse before it gets better. The protracted manager search burned up the entire international break. Maybe PP is too eager to please but he's been bounced into two games with minimal prep and the only player of ours he fancies is now injured. The main asset a manager has is personal credibility. Owners, players and fans all have to believe that the club is progressing, the manager knows what needs doing and that any setbacks on the field are temporary. PP starts with little of that personal capital . The section of our fans addled by a decade in the premier league demand a household name manager. There's a strict hierarchy in professional football. League 1 clubs spending a League 1 budget get a League 1 manager. PP has his work cut out and you wonder whether he's ever had to deal with this level of expectations . Most importantly he needs to impose his ideas on a squad who maybe aren't impressed with him and see themselves as a bit above the blood and thunder of a routine League 1 game. There's a danger that Rotten Core 2.0 is already up and running. We'll know soon enough but if he doesn't turn it around Sunderland is stuck in League 1 like a beached whale

Utter shite. Have some self respect.

Don't go, mate. You're one of the few that keeps me sane on here.

Cheers mate but either more reasonably minded people need to stand up to be heard or this place is going to be the equivalent of the lunatics taking over the asylum.
Is it important? Well yes as the media channels will use the attitudes on public places like this to paint impressions of our fan base. A group of people and a reputation I have been proud to be associated with for 50 years.
I am going the way of so many of my mag supporting mates of talking about our own fans as ‘they’ and not ‘we’

Cheers mate but either more reasonably minded people need to stand up to be heard or this place is going to be the equivalent of the lunatics taking over the asylum.
Is it important? Well yes as the media channels will use the attitudes on public places like this to paint impressions of our fan base. A group of people and a reputation I have been proud to be associated with for 50 years.
I am going the way of so many of my mag supporting mates of talking about our own fans as ‘they’ and not ‘we’

Couldn't agree more, and same here about the they/we comment, usually with a facial expression denoting wistful sadness. Ich bin ein auslander.

Utter shite. Have some self respect.

the day you and your kind show ‘respect’ to fellow fans and your club, it might become enjoyable again on here.
meantime if you don’t like my crack either come back with a counter view or put me on ignore .
You wouldn’t do that though because that undermines your agenda for spreading poison against the club and anybody who stands up for it.

the day you and your kind show ‘respect’ to fellow fans and your club, it might become enjoyable again on here.
meantime if you don’t like my crack either come back with a counter view or put me on ignore .
You wouldn’t do that though because that undermines your agenda for spreading poison against the club and anybody who stands up for it.

Put him on ignore marra. I have after these last few days along with a couple of the other whingers. It's already starting to look more peaceful and sane on here. :)

TBF, as the others posters have said, 10 games is what it should take a manager to start to have an impact.

Parkinson knows this league very well, something which can't be said for a our previous appointments - not including Grayson.

I just don’t think he’ll do it for us and we’ll be miles off the pace.

Poison 😂 I just don’t follow blindly when there is such flagrant ineptitude.

Allardyce lost his first game as well. His teams also played defensively and"directly" for the most part yet "fans" on here condemn Parkinson after one training session with a bunch of players he's just met and have clearly been demotivated for weeks. I feel ashamed to be associated with some of the posts on here. Even Moyes was given the benefit of the doubt until he was shown to be useless. Give the bloke a chance and get behind him and the team like proper fans

Back