People turning on Parkinson after 1 game

you get the personal shit I got and see how you would react.

Hi MB. This site has descended into a disgusting level that is well below acceptable. A sad comment on the character of the aggressors. Don't let it get to you. Having said that, I closed my "striker" account a couple of months ago after PMs that were unbelievable.
I'm quite pragmatic mate. I would have laughed at you if you said we'd score seven goals in two games come January after the Burton game.
Don't misunderstand me please, I am not claiming that I did either, but I had a pretty strong feeling that better times were ahead.

Last edited:
Hi MB. This site has descended into a disgusting level that is well below acceptable. A sad comment on the character of the aggressors. Don't let it get to you. Having said that, I closed my "striker" account a couple of months ago after PMs that were unbelievable.

Don't misunderstand me please, I am not claiming that I did either, but I had a pretty strong feeling that better times were ahead.
Well I'm glad you were right, marra. This league is wide open and we've got ourselves back in it. I think we all deserve a nice winning run, so long may it continue. By the way personal abuse is out of order. It's only a message board where we all post our opinions. Sorry to hear that happened.

Well I'm glad you were right, marra. This league is wide open and we've got ourselves back in it. I think we all deserve a nice winning run, so long may it continue. By the way personal abuse is out of order. It's only a message board where we all post our opinions. Sorry to hear that happened.
Thanks for that. Let's enjoy the future.

Good appointment I'd say on current form. What are your thoughts now?
Well you got some balls. When I asked you this same question after Bolton your arse dropped. After an upturn in fortunes in the last 4 games you appear. I'd respect you a lot more if you showed up when the shit was hitting the fan but you chose to hide.

Anyway for what it's worth I'm over the moon with the way things have started to turn. I wouldn't get too excited just yet though, there's a long way to go before we can say we are out of the woods. Parkinson definitely deserves credit for the last month and hopefully it's just the start of a big push for promotion. Results and performances have improved massively so I'm more than happy to say for now he deserves more time to prove me and others wrong.

How about those who wanted him out after having failed to win in two months?

Slagging people off for changing their mind is the height of stupidity.

Changing your mind is fair enough. A few weeks ago, I was doubting if Parkinson was actually any better than Ross. He’s on his way to changing my mind about that.

What was slightly embarrassing were the “Phil Parkinson is the worst manager in our history and a spineless coward” type posts that would pop up every week.

Sacking him and replacing him with Phillips before Christmas was always a f***ing daft idea. One of the reasons we’re in the position we are is because our previous owners loved to make snap reactionary decisions and throw money at our problems to try and make them go away. What we saw in November and early December wasn’t acceptance, but as fans, we need more understanding of the shit situations managers can inherit and realise that just sacking someone off after a couple of months is a recipe for problems.

Completely agree tbf. My main issu

comletely agree tbf. My issue is with those writing him off after one game and those unwilling to change their mind when we are now playing superbly well.

Well you got some balls. When I asked you this same question after Bolton your arse dropped. After an upturn in fortunes in the last 4 games you appear. I'd respect you a lot more if you showed up when the shit was hitting the fan but you chose to hide.

Anyway for what it's worth I'm over the moon with the way things have started to turn. I wouldn't get too excited just yet though, there's a long way to go before we can say we are out of the woods. Parkinson definitely deserves credit for the last month and hopefully it's just the start of a big push for promotion. Results and performances have improved massively so I'm more than happy to say for now he deserves more time to prove me and others wrong.

IIRC I woke up to about 50 alerts because I'd started a thread saying I'd enjoyed the Bolton match and commented on a few other threads words to the same effect and the pitchfork mob had descended on me en masse.

I had to pick and choose at the time which posts to reply to as I didn't have time to reply to them all. Yours must have been one of the ones that didn't make the cut. I'd forgotten all about it until I spotted it on this thread today.

Back