People turning on Parkinson after 1 game

There isn't one person on this planet who thought that we would end up playing like we did today a month ago.
I couldn’t see it but I also wasn’t ranting or pissing my pants yet as the fella came into an almighty shitfest. It was pretty f***ing clear there were huge problems before he walked through the door. I was waiting till I saw what he did in the transfer window before I started judging him.

I’m pleased I did now but i’m also not going to start furiously wanking my knob off quite yet, however I do have this weird happy twinge thing going on in my giblets that I haven’t felt in a long long time.

Untrue. Calmer, saner people will have taken a longer view.
We live in an Instagram, 30 seconds satisfaction or else, world now marra. Nobody has any mind for a long, or even medium, term viewpoint unfortunately. "I want it all and I want I now" is the attitude we're faced with. If gratification isn't instant ,it isn't coming in many eyes. In short, idiots everywhere and multiplying. Also known as bedwetters.

Last edited:
Still very early days to make a proper judgement on him.

We were poor v Wycombe and we were good v Tranmere.

If we regularly perform like we did v Wycombe, then he’ll be rightly criticised. If we regularly perform like we did v Tranmere, then he’ll be rightly praised.

See how we fare in the table in 10 games time imo. Deserves at least a dozen games for us to make a judgement I think but the signs from last night were positive. :cool:
Had over 10 games - I like him.

Parky was never a quick fix manager. He’s a slow burner that likes to build properly to turn things around. I’m happy that the club stuck with him, and your fans are beginning to have faith now.

it’s great you are going in the right direction again now, and I hope you can go up automatically. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I was a doubter. Not after 1 game, but I pointed out on here that he didn’t seem to have a plan when plan A went out of the window ie when Wyke was out injured.
I still feel he couldn’t adapt to play a different style, but give him his due, he’s brought players in who should prove to be like for like replacements if injuries occur such as Lafferty who would be direct replacement for an injured Wyke. I just wish he’d been able to adapt in his early stages to grind some decent results out of the squad he inherited because if he had, we’d be in an outstanding position for the automatic spots now.

Back