People separating/losing someone in later life

Aye thought so. Worse thing is I think they’ve had the shitty end of the stick through all this. Already underfunded/manned then dealing with this. As she been coping alright through it all.
Yeah mate she is CID now so not on the front line really. Jobs been made harder with restrictions but not having to deal with shite on the streets.
So, to conclude, the OP is wrang, and blokes can still easily get mucked in.

Affairs are rife marra.
Anar mate. Hopefully she bags herself an inspector.

So, to conclude, the OP is wrang, and blokes can still easily get mucked in.

Affairs are rife marra.
They are in all jobs marra. Nhs being the worst. I stopped judging people by my low standards ages ago and learned to get with a lass I trust. Its so much easier now. Having affairs and accusing partners of doing was so stressful.

Morning everyone,

I was having a conversation with my right hand man at work earlier in the week regards what would you do if he lost his wife to someone else or death etc at his age (56).He said he wouldn’t like to be on his own but at the same time it would be much harder for a bloke to find a woman than a woman find another bloke.
Tbh I never give it much thought but the blokes right,a woman could probably find another gadgie within a day or two but the bloke has got to work extra harder to find a woman at this stage of his life.

I’d say if me and our Lass split up she would have blokes lining up to be with her but I’d probs find it a bit harder at my age (both 43) even though I’m quite good looking and have plenty in my favour .A woman has just got to hint at being interested in a bloke and he’s head over heels married,single it matters not.

Anyone lost a long term partner to whatever means and how was it ?How did it you move on ?I particularly interest in what everyone’s take on it is especially the blokes.

My Uncle was separated approaching 50, he then got more action than he ever did as a young un.
At one point had two on the go with both lasses aware of the other.
Retired mid fifties and eventually seems to have settled down at the age of 60 with a blonde lass in her forties.

Most (non damaged) single lasses 40 onward have way way different priorities to a lass half that age.
Kids done with, career settled, know what they want and don't suffer fools.

This reply has me crying with laughter. Absolutely helpless. I'm 56, been single for quite a while, but just decided to give it another spin. The lass is 34, but that's not a big deal here (China) I split up with our lass a few months after coming out here about five years ago. To be honest I was quite pleased after the initial feeling of being kicked in the bollocks.
Gerrin

Morning everyone,

I was having a conversation with my right hand man at work earlier in the week regards what would you do if he lost his wife to someone else or death etc at his age (56).He said he wouldn’t like to be on his own but at the same time it would be much harder for a bloke to find a woman than a woman find another bloke.
Tbh I never give it much thought but the blokes right,a woman could probably find another gadgie within a day or two but the bloke has got to work extra harder to find a woman at this stage of his life.

I’d say if me and our Lass split up she would have blokes lining up to be with her but I’d probs find it a bit harder at my age (both 43) even though I’m quite good looking and have plenty in my favour .A woman has just got to hint at being interested in a bloke and he’s head over heels married,single it matters not.

Anyone lost a long term partner to whatever means and how was it ?How did it you move on ?I particularly interest in what everyone’s take on it is especially the blokes.

Huge difference from separating and losing. I lost my wife last year at 53. At this moment in time I have no intention of wanting anyone, Certainly in the short/medium term. If I had separated them maybe after a break I could want to start a fresh and look to move on quite quickly....Being alone is fine in the right circumstance. More so when you can get out and do things with the lads, Bike, match, pub etc..it,s gonna happen to everyone at some point so enjoy what you have, live life to the absolute full and be happy.

I have been single for 13 years since I separated from my husband, I was ten weeks pregnant with our son when we split up. Our oldest daughter was 11 at the time and our youngest was 9, she is severely disabled. They are 23, 21 and 12 now and I have not even attempted to meet anyone else. My oldest daughter has left home but my life is taken up with the other two, my daughter needs 24 hour care and my son was diagnosed with high functioning autism a few years ago. I don’t think I could ever go back to living with someone again, I’m so used to it now just being me and the kids. I am happier now than I ever was when I was married.

Been single 3yrs, could have had plenty shags but haven’t had any, can’t be arsed for all that. Enjoying just doing what I want when I want, A quick wank every few days does the job really.
I couldn’t be on like that and pulling myself would be a proper last resort.At the same time minI couldn’t have one night stands either left right and centre as to me sex is an emotional thing as well as a physical.
I don’t think I could not have a woman in my life tbh at this age.

Are some blokes who are happy on their own like yourself a bit socially awkward or shy?Some might have been with an absolute head case who’s controlled them for years and it’s been enough to say “that’s enough of that “

If anything happened between me and our Lass and I was looking to settle down again with someone else I think I’d find it tough mainly as my expectations would be so high.

she would have to be good looking

nice person

slim

not lazy

Enjoy cooking and looking after the housework

Enjoy sex 24/7

All the above to me is what they should want for themselves and me but this day and age it seems a bit much to ask.

I couldn’t be on like that and pulling myself would be a proper last resort.At the same time minI couldn’t have one night stands either left right and centre as to me sex is an emotional thing as well as a physical.

Are some blokes who are happy on their own like yourself a bit socially awkward or shy?Some might have been with an absolute head case who’s controlled them for years and it’s been enough to say “that’s enough of that “

If anything happened between me and our Lass and I was looking to settle down again with someone else I think I’d find it tough mainly as my expectations would be so high.

nice person

slim

not lazy

Enjoy sex 24/7

All the above to me is what they should want for themselves and me but this day and age it seems a bit much to ask.
Thanks for the kind words. Im neither socially awkward or shy. I run 12-21k every morning (did 13.2 today). Im fit, healthy, work in the pub trade and mix with ages 0-90, I just dont want a lass and am happy being single thats all. I find it hard to understand why people find it hard to understand really.

I have been single for 13 years since I separated from my husband, I was ten weeks pregnant with our son when we split up. Our oldest daughter was 11 at the time and our youngest was 9, she is severely disabled. They are 23, 21 and 12 now and I have not even attempted to meet anyone else. My oldest daughter has left home but my life is taken up with the other two, my daughter needs 24 hour care and my son was diagnosed with high functioning autism a few years ago. I don’t think I could ever go back to living with someone again, I’m so used to it now just being me and the kids. I am happier now than I ever was when I was married.
You are obviously a fantastic mother.
Thanks for the kind words. Im neither socially awkward or shy. I run 12-21k every morning (did 13.2 today). Im fit, healthy, work in the pub trade and mix with ages 0-90, I just dont want a lass and am happy being single thats all. I find it hard to understand why people find it hard to understand really.
I’m genuinely pleased your happy.

Last edited:

nice person

slim

not lazy

Enjoy sex 24/7

I love how you think others are weird because they’re not reliant on a lass for their own happiness and sanity.

It’s definitely not because you’re an emotionally immature man-child :lol:

I love how you think others are weird because they’re not reliant on a lass for their own happiness and sanity.

It’s definitely not because you’re an emotionally immature man-child :lol:
I find it bizarre how blokes can go more than a day or two without a shot off(with a woman how mad that is a concept on here)Panda’s like yourself will have the human race extinct in a few hundred years ;) :lol:

I find it bizarre how blokes can go more than a day or two without a shot off(with a woman how mad that is a concept on here)Panda’s like yourself will have the human race extinct in a few hundred years ;) :lol:
Everyone’s different mate. I wouldn’t worry yourself, the human race isn’t going to die out.

Back