People out and about in the nice weather

i do think that we have a higher proportion of houses with a garden than in say London or Birmingham, so when it is fine we can sit in our own space, but for those in a small flat with no outside space or even a balcony it must be harder.
53% of Italians and 66% of Spaniards live in flats, only 18% of Brits do.

There seems to be far less footage of the Spanish or Italians congregating than us Brits.

Tougher measures are just around the corner. Possibility before easter weekend. People still driving miles for exercise and forces still pushing for education...enough time has passed for education

Said the same thing more or less to the wife yesterday. It has been going on long enough. There are no excuses.

Speaking to lad at work this morning, he reckoned the local big park was busy Saturday, people having BBQs etc. The police turned up there yesterday to send people home. Only a day late.

Cracking morning. Off for a run.
Carefull you'll feel the hate.
Tougher measures are just around the corner. Possibility before easter weekend. People still driving miles for exercise and forces still pushing for education...enough time has passed for education
I have a feeling the measures will be in place from Thursday this week for one week to cover the Easter weekend. Could really do with some really shite weather.

Last edited:
Carefull you'll feel the hate.

I have a feeling the measures will be in place from Thursday this week for one week to cover the Easter weekend. Could really do with some really shite weather.

Yep. From actually talking to people breaking rules they dont understand how it can be transmitted within two metres. Too thick to understand the science of it. Its not real enough for them either. They dont read papers or news or social media. They dont think it will happen to them

If anything that explains why the virus has been so bad in those two countries. All of those people living on top of each other, sharing lifts, hand rails and doorways.
Agreed, but they still seem to be able to obey the lockdown which kind of counters the argument about Brits being stuck in flats “needing” to go to the public parks.

They're going on like those in flats are being treated like Elizabeth Fritzel. You can still take a 30 minute stroll once a day locally following guidelines.
We also have thousands upon thousands of terraced cottages in this country especially in the old heavy industry places which are no better than flats. Wouldn't like to count the number we have in Sunderland

Agreed. Think there will be a temporary measure put in place to cover from Friday morning until Tuesday morning.
Got to consider all the people like me who are still going to work, so these Bank holidays will up the amount of folk wanting to be outside.

I looked at some stats earlier. County Durham population approx 550000 and earlier today had 199 cases. Only 4 London boroughs had less cases (lowest 145), all 4 boroughs populations were approx 200000 which is 350000 less than County Durham. Major problem when one park in Lambeth had 3000 people in yesterday
its a huge park i used to live by it and surrounded by tower blocks with one or two lifts you need to use to take rubbish out etc. Most of the houses are multiple occupancy as well.

Back