People lost to conspiracy theories

I'm well aware of what's been shown to me and is no surprise to me.
I fully expect all avenues to be catered for and I knew this one was used to explain the rotation by using a laser that somehow manages to spread out massively to one point then somehow manage to get back massively to the same source.

I do not accept it one bit. It's nonsense to me. It makes zero sense but it's an explanation from official lines, so people simply accept it as a truth.

You can keep showing me the diagrams and write ups from the source you get them from.....but what are you doing?
You are copying and pasting something you bought into for no reason other than it being an explanation that you cannot verify in any way shape or form.

official lines? its maths. maths is used all over the world and has been used throughout time :lol:

Of course it matters how far it spreads. If the beam covers a 20km radius by the time it arrives back, then the receiver can be anywhere within 20km from the centre point of where that light strikes as it returns. As you said yourself, the receiver would need to be 1.2km from the source. This fits comfortably within 20km so it is just there it works.
I don't see how anyone can deny that, it is just simple use of triangles that a primary school child can understand.
I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.
The earth would move nearly a mile and so would the angle of it's laser beam origin, which has to receive the laser reflection back to that point.
Taking into account just one way, in around 1 and a half seconds, your laser bean is immediately off target, never mind getting any reflection back.
Even by the pretence of massive laser angles it's nonsense and especially nonsense when you consider they tell us that very few photons supposedly come back.
They're still at loggerheads as to what light is. Is it a wave or a photon...etc. So they tell us.

Picture it like this. Build a wall on the edge of an 18 yard area and use a launcher to fire a squash ball at it from the middle of the goal mouth. If it is dead straight it will come back and hit the launcher (lets assume it has enough power and fired at a high enough angle that it does not hit the ground first). Get that angle slightly off and it misses the launcher. That does not matter as you have this huge goal to collect it in. You can fire at a fairly wide angle but if all you care about is the ball hitting the goal then you can turn your launcher a fair way before you start to miss.
Picture it like this.
Launch that ball from a moving truck at just 50 mph, never mind a 1000, at that net and you miss that target by a huge amount.
Even if you hit it, it's not coming back to you because the angle is done with whilst the earth has moved nearly 1 mile, also.

Ok, I can not personally tell you if there are reflectors on the moon (though so many competing nations make sure of them, why would they all pretend, especially China who would love to rubbish the US?) but the facts of how lasers operate and some simple maths tells anyone who cares to look that this is perfectly possible.
What makes you think China would rubbish the us for or any other?
They all have supposed people working together in so called space and such. A nice big happy family.
A case of, shhhh, we'll agree to play the game.....maybe?
At least they exist, in real time, in the real world. They're not just the 'simple logic' of some nugget on a message board.
Ready at hand explanations by some kind of accepted authority. Yep they do exist but they exist as fictional stories unless you can turn them into fact.
Can you?
official lines? its maths. maths is used all over the world and has been used throughout time :lol:
Maths for what?
An accountant can make your books look all legit by using maths. Does it mean nothing's creamed off?

Anyone can use maths to make anything seem believable if the stuff being calculated has been fictionalised.

Last edited:
Ready at hand explanations by some kind of accepted authority. Yep they do exist but they exist as fictional stories unless you can turn them into fact.
Can you?

From that one statement it seems obvious that you do not believe in anything at all being, for the sake of a 'simple' term, real. As in your world, all 'facts' must, by definition be fictional stories. You utter fruitloop.

One set each :lol:
One set for each person. Is there need for more?
From that one statement it seems obvious that you do not believe in anything at all being, for the sake of a 'simple' term, real. As in your world, all 'facts' must, by definition be fictional stories. You utter fruitloop.
No. That's what you take from it which is entirely up to you.
What you think of me, is irrelevant, ned. ;)

Last edited:
All deaths are 'actual'. In case you hadn't noticed.

At least they exist, in real time, in the real world. They're not just the 'simple logic' of some nugget on a message board.

No they're not. They're suspected. Thats my whole point.

Death certificate - SUSPECTED COVID 19.

No they're not. They're suspected. Thats my whole point.

Death certificate - SUSPECTED COVID 19.

How many death certificates have “suspected COVID-19” on them?

You seem certain that the number of “actual” deaths is low and that this has been overblown so I’d love to see your sources.

Last edited:
The earth would move nearly a mile and so would the angle of it's laser beam origin, which has to receive the laser reflection back to that point.
Taking into account just one way, in around 1 and a half seconds, your laser bean is immediately off target, never mind getting any reflection back.
Even by the pretence of massive laser angles it's nonsense and especially nonsense when you consider they tell us that very few photons supposedly come back.
They're still at loggerheads as to what light is. Is it a wave or a photon...etc. So they tell us.

Picture it like this.
Launch that ball from a moving truck at just 50 mph, never mind a 1000, at that net and you miss that target by a huge amount.
Even if you hit it, it's not coming back to you because the angle is done with whilst the earth has moved nearly 1 mile, also.
It's amazing how you can't quite grasp the basics of what is going on. Do you know how cats eyes work? You do realise that other cars can see the refelected photons of light due to the way they reflect light back? It seems you don't understand the basics of how the laser beam is being fired, how it's travelling. It also covers a larger area on whatever it hits which is clear in that youtube video of the helicopter, nevermind a 3.5m laser over 250,000 miles and back. That last part is basic and common sense as surely you've seen this in real life?

Which part of this do you don't believe? 🤔

Note the size of the beam at the start being 3.5 meters to begin with. It's then 2km when when it reaches the moon but only 1 in 30 million hit the reflector but there's 300 quadrillion photons so 10 billion hit the reflector. The returning beam expands and it end ups 15km across and 1 in 30 million returning photons hit the 3.5m mirror so just over 300 photons.

I don't see how anyone can deny that, it is just simple use of triangles that a primary school child can understand. The only room for argument is that laser beams do not diverge over long distances, but try to buy a laser and any decent one will tell you the divergence angle. It is just a part of verifiable physics that exists. Shine a cheap green light pointer up at the night sky (it is really fun thing to do anyway so just try it for the sheer hell of it) and you can see the beam starting to spread. Do the maths I did and you find that 1.2km spread over the distance from the earth to the moon and you only need a divergence of 0.00018 degrees to hit that radius. I don't believe the highest quality commercial lasers claim accuracy anywhere remotely near that, and that is before you consider atmospheric affects too.
This!
Picture it like this.
Are you thinking the laser beam is still the size it is when it reflected? :lol: From this comment alone you clearly don't quite grasp how the laser is travelling and being reflected and then picked up at another point in time and space.

Someone in the back of a truck is travelling 50mph and fires 1,000 bouncy balls at a wall at 1000mph at a slight angle and they stay a constant 1000mph. They have a small hand fishing net fixed on the truck. Some of the balls will bounce back and go into the net but at a different time and space. It's simple traingle shit as @DaveH says and they have the start time/point and end point/ time with a constant speed so it's pretty simple to work out the distance. Yet you seem to be working at 1 point in space and keep bringing up the 1 mile thing completely ignoring the divergence of the laser beam allowing for the earth's rotation.

You’re normal if you believe things that are backed up by credible evidence.

If you believe in things despite overwhelming factual evidence to the contrary, or believe in things with no basis in fact at all, then you’re a conspiracy nutter.
It's the people who believe in numerous conspiracies that are harder to have a discussion with. Though I only see this online, it's easy to ignore them most of the time. I'm going to ignore him now as it's clear what hs opinion is and that he can't quite grasp how light travels over distance and that it doesn't need to be in a straight line there and back to see a reflection :lol::lol:

It's amazing how you can't quite grasp the basics of what is going on. Do you know how cats eyes work? You do realise that other cars can see the refelected photons of light due to the way they reflect light back? It seems you don't understand the basics of how the laser beam is being fired, how it's travelling. It also covers a larger area on whatever it hits which is clear in that youtube video of the helicopter, nevermind a 3.5m laser over 250,000 miles and back. That last part is basic and common sense as surely you've seen this in real life?

Which part of this do you don't believe? 🤔

Note the size of the beam at the start being 3.5 meters to begin with. It's then 2km when when it reaches the moon but only 1 in 30 million hit the reflector but there's 300 quadrillion photons so 10 billion hit the reflector. The returning beam expands and it end ups 15km across and 1 in 30 million returning photons hit the 3.5m mirror so just over 300 photons.

This!
Are you thinking the laser beam is still the size it is when it reflected? :lol: From this comment alone you clearly don't quite grasp how the laser is travelling and being reflected and then picked up at another point in time and space.

Someone in the back of a truck is travelling 50mph and fires 1,000 bouncy balls at a wall at 1000mph at a slight angle and they stay a constant 1000mph. They have a small hand fishing net fixed on the truck. Some of the balls will bounce back and go into the net but at a different time and space. It's simple traingle shit as @DaveH says and they have the start time/point and end point/ time with a constant speed so it's pretty simple to work out the distance. Yet you seem to be working at 1 point in space and keep bringing up the 1 mile thing completely ignoring the divergence of the laser beam allowing for the earth's rotation.

It's the people who believe in numerous conspiracies that are harder to have a discussion with. Though I only see this online, it's easy to ignore them most of the time. I'm going to ignore him now as it's clear what hs opinion is and that he can't quite grasp how light travels over distance and that it doesn't need to be in a straight line there and back to see a reflection :lol::lol:
He understands all that man. He just doesn't agree with it silly.

people want to 'feel clever'....think they know something only a few people do.
that gets combined with a desperation for simplistic answers in a random world which can be scary.

On top of all that the internet makes 'knowledge' available so it becomes a habit for people. In the 70s people weren't running to the library every five minutes to look things up.
I reckon it could take decades before it settles down.
My nephew is into them all and his mam will say,he reads up on stuff and really looks into it and can talk for hours
He put something on FB when it first kicked off where it was a China scam to upset the world markets and no one in China now had it ,ETC
A Few of his "friends" pointed out there was cases in other areas and he replied
I'm not saying its true ,i'm putting it on so people ask questions .I Like to do my own research into stuff to see why stuff happens ,you cant trust Google

i felt like replying,you didnt do much research this time ! :rolleyes:
People should have the right to question something they don't accept as being a whole truth.
We all know we get lied to and we all know we get spun a lot of misinfo.
If people want to go about believing anything and everything then I have no problem with that. Just don't get all worked up when others do not follow that same path, because those who accept stuff as a truth, generally do so on face value.
Indeed but in 15 minutes you can get info on a scale we,ve never known from sources of your choosing to put some meat on the bones then crack on .It seems most just ignore everything because they want to,it fits their need

Last edited:
He understands all that man. He just doesn't agree with it silly.
Give ower man, he doesn't understand at all and this is why he's talking about the earth rotating at 1,000mph, the laser not even hitting the reflector on the moon and roundabouts.

"I'm simply saying that we are told the earth rotates at over 1000 mph and a laser pointed at a specific thing like a supposed retroreflector would never hit it to come back to source.

It's like sitting on a roundabout and aiming a laser at a person in the playground and expecting it to come right back at you even though your laser aim has missed the person due to your rotation.

It doesn't matter how far it spreads. You're not going to be hitting any retro reflector with a spread laser and have it come back to point of origin.

The earth would move nearly a mile and so would the angle of it's laser beam origin, which has to receive the laser reflection back to that point."

He clearly can't understand that you don't need to be at the same point of origin to see a reflection of a laser beam that has grown bigger due to divergence over a distance. If you have the start point and time and the end point and time then you can work out the distance. I think that's my side of the 'debate' exhausted so will bow out now :lol:

Back