People have been complaining we don't have enough chants/songs for players in recent years.

Been looking at the lyrics and many verses of "The Irish rover" by the Pouges and dubliners

We had one million bags of the best Mackems lads
We had two million barrels of beer
They took over our town in there quest to be crowned
And they brought with them the Loch ness Drogba.

Na na na, Na na na na na na Na na na and they call him the Loch ness Drogba.

Get me coat, ban incoming.

I was working on a chant for Alex Neil based on the madness song Baggy Trousers but using Big Boys Trousers.

Then I realised his quote had been Big Boys pants so that was binned.

Yes, it was a quiet day at work.

But I know there's a lot more floating around that even a lot of season ticket holders like me have not heard that get sung.

I know sometimes they get put on here and lost, so is there a web page or something with a list of them with words etc?

Or can we get a sub-forum for them?
Seriously ? Get a life. Isn't it just enough to turn up and support our club to high heaven without having to spout crap like that.
What's wrong with our traditional songs ?

‘A Sunderland songbook’ Google doc probably makes more sense? Post the link on a thread and the editor updates it only when multiple match going posters agree the new chant is actually catching on at the game. The Ross Stewart one is mint but I’ve only ever heard it properly go up on away days.

I watched fusion Josh’s Wembley vid and even I was getting bored of hearing by far the greatest team over and over. Class for a few renditions. Our songbook could do with an upgrade as getting a little stale
If you were getting bored hearing those songs at Wembley, then I really don’t know if football is the right hobby for you like mate. Instead of being bored, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when I listen to it back.

I agree that we could do with some fresh new songs for the lads but I thought it worked very well at Wembley.

If you were getting bored hearing those songs at Wembley, then I really don’t know if football is the right hobby for you like mate. Instead of being bored, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when I listen to it back.

I agree that we could do with some fresh new songs for the lads but I thought it worked very well at Wembley.
It’s great when you’re involved in it. Watching some of the footage back afterwards and it was the only song going made it a bit stale. That video in particular

I liked the one about posh spice and Dennis cirken

Didn't hear it but saw some of the lyrics on here 😄
How about a cleaner version:

There is a boy from London town
That’s where they built the Gherkin
He plays full back for Sunderland
His name is Dennis Cirkin

Time to log off?

Agadoo….(agabloodydoo)
We’ve got Luke Luke Luke and he just bleeds red and white
We’ve got Luke Luke Luke and loves a f***ing fight
In defence in midfield on the left and on the right
We all love Luke 09 as he thinks the Mags are shite….

It’s a work in progress

One for Ross Stewart, nicked it from Spurs and adapted it ... Depeche Mode's Just Can't Get Enough

He's called Ross Stewart
He's wearing 14
and we just can't get enough
we just can't get enough

He came to Sunderland
From a team called Ross County
and we just can't get enough
we just can't get enough

Give him the chances and he'll score the goals
and we just can't get enough of him oh .....

du du duddla du du
du du duddla du du
du du duddla du du

the Loch Ness Drogba!

That only really works with big crowds that have day tippers, casuals etc. Need a greater array to keep the harder core going rather same old five songs IMO. Aye, if it's a big game you have that din throughout, but those games are few and far between. Plenty of players say they get an extra spring in their step from a song for them. Benty was on about it recently.
Always thought it was a shite song me & whoever came up with it was probably a virgin sitting in his man’s spare room. & drinks Fosters.

The songbook has been getting stale for a while, suppose the shite league we've been in won't help either. A lot of clubs sing the same tunes these days anyway. Enjoyed Bob.Markey and D:ream at Wembley like.

We always sing them at 100mph as well of course.

But I know there's a lot more floating around that even a lot of season ticket holders like me have not heard that get sung.

I know sometimes they get put on here and lost, so is there a web page or something with a list of them with words etc?

Or can we get a sub-forum for them?
Just copy other teams songs and change the words a bit thats the usual form

Complicated, overly long and unique songs for each player are not needed.

Just sing "there's only one whoever" in the warmup until he claps back, and move onto the next.

Sing it again if he does something good during the match.

Back