People have been complaining we don't have enough chants/songs for players in recent years.

But I know there's a lot more floating around that even a lot of season ticket holders like me have not heard that get sung.

I know sometimes they get put on here and lost, so is there a web page or something with a list of them with words etc?

Or can we get a sub-forum for them?

We proved at Wembley you don't even need a handful of songs for great atmospheres but lots of noise
That only really works with big crowds that have day tippers, casuals etc. Need a greater array to keep the harder core going rather same old five songs IMO. Aye, if it's a big game you have that din throughout, but those games are few and far between. Plenty of players say they get an extra spring in their step from a song for them. Benty was on about it recently.

Last edited:
But I know there's a lot more floating around that even a lot of season ticket holders like me have not heard that get sung.

I know sometimes they get put on here and lost, so is there a web page or something with a list of them with words etc?

Or can we get a sub-forum for them?
In all fairness mate 90% of them in recent years have given us nothing to sing about unless you have turrets and like Two unlimited, replacing the many No No's with F*cks.

In all fairness mate 90% of them in recent years have given us nothing to sing about unless you have turrets and like Two unlimited, replacing the many No No's with F*cks.
On the flip side we'd had players who won us promotion Saturday who don't have songs and should. OR they do and the majority of us don't know what they are.

take me up up up and away
where the premiership is our destiny
tame me up up up and away
fantasy turns to reality
sunderland take my hand, and lead me to the promised land
where we'll be the mags easily at home and away
oh oh

Stewart should really have a cracking song by now. It's crazy really.

I think the thing is, most suggestions are silly, it would need to be moderated as it always ends up becoming a piss take :lol:
My thought it would be used for songs that actually get sung but a lot of us don't know about.

My thought it would be used for songs that actually get sung but a lot of us don't know about.

It would be good to have realistic suggestions though and then possibly a vote to agree the preferred chant. That could then be added to the song list which could be pinned at the top of the board.
I always thought our forte was sheer noise and volume.
The Roker Roar didn’t get it’s name for nowt.

Nothing wrong with having both vinegar lad.
We proved at Wembley you don't even need a handful of songs for great atmospheres but lots of noise

It gets boring singing the same songs. It seemed we were singing by far the greatest team pretty much all game.

Stewart didn't even have a chant when he smashed in the winner, canny poor that imo.

Last edited:
Made this up today out of sheer boredom. Needs work like but could be a starter

Sally cinnamon stone roses.

Until Alex I was never happy
I needed so much more
Relegation
Oh, they used to chase me
Down we would go
Join my tears
Allay my fears
Sent to me from Hamilton
Alex Neil you're my world