People fleeing London

I know someone that commutes from York. Iirc his rail season ticket is c7k, but he has a better lifestyle up north

He doesn’t though does he? He has the worst of both worlds.

They are fleeing because it's expensive and most have made money on property, probably like the couple who are buying yours. It's happened for decades. Funny, because if it was such a shithole, it would become less expensive. So your argument is bollocks. I hope you disinfect the place well so the stench of your filthy racism is long gone before they move in.

That didn’t go the way I’d expected. Nice.

Apparently, he doesn’t mind it. He has a cracking house in York and an equivalent in London would be millions

Aye, the only difference being it’s not in London, it’s in York, meaning it’s worth fuck all.

Last edited:

Not only that, but not everyone down here feels the pressure of needing to get married and have kids, so life doesn’t end at 30 like it does everywhere else.
Biology is the same wherever you live. There are Boehimic parts of all cities where this applies and people are happily single into old age. If you have made the decision to stay single/no kids then well done for being so brave but its not a London thing.

Biology is the same wherever you live. There are Boehimic parts of all cities where this applies and people are happily single into old age. If you have made the decision to stay single/no kids then well done for being so brave but its not a London thing.

It might not be just a London thing but it’s most certainly not a Sunderland thing. No idea about The Wirral.

It might not be just a London thing but it’s most certainly not a Sunderland thing. No idea about The Wirral.
Not so much here aside from some small pockets. Can think of many places in Liverpool/Manchester/Cardiff/Bath/Cambridge where first question would't be "how many kids do you have?".

I do like that any questioning of England's Capital provokes a response... I wonder if they'd do that if Coventry was designated the Capital and a new Parliamentary complex was built there...

Back