People expecting instant answers

Absolutely..... I’ve seen people email colleagues who share a small office!! Just fecking talk to them instead!

If it’s technical or complicated stuff, it’s often better that things are documented. That being said, you do get quite introverted types who are happy to communicate solely by email. I’ve worked with people who get genuinely uneasy by someone arriving at their desk for a conversation.

Had that this morning. Someone sent an email but I hadn't seen it as I was dealing with a problem in a store. Then she texted about 10 minutes later asking why I'd not replied to her email :eek:

How about when you don’t respond instantly to a Facebook message and they proceed to send ‘?’ Or ‘???’ Being the person responsible for our shop’s Facebook communication this drives me absolutely mental. Since when was a Facebook message something that requires an instant reply? The only way you’re getting an instant response from me is if you pick the phone up and call....or....heaven forbid...visit the shop for an actual conversation.

Back