People coming round offering building work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

safctopcat

Central Defender
My mam got a knock on the door yesterday, she answered it and there was this bloke saying that she had ordered some work done on the roof (she lives in a council house so gets any work done by Gentoo if she needs it).My
mam told the man he must have the wrong house but he was adamant that he had the correct house. She kindly said that he must be mistaken and closed the door and he walked away.

This was in the Hylton Castle area about 1.30pm.

Anybody else had anything similar to this not just in the Hylton Castle area.

My mam got a knock on the door yesterday, she answered it and there was this bloke saying that she had ordered some work done on the roof (she lives in a council house so gets any work done by Gentoo).My
mam told the man he must have the wrong house but he was adamant that he had the correct house. She kindly said that he must be mistaken and closed the door and he walked away.

This was in the Hylton Castle area about 1.30pm.

Anybody else had anything similar to this not just in the Hylton Castle area.

This has been going on for years.

A lad I used to knock about with lived next to the arms. We were sitting in his one day, knock at the door, his mam went to answer.

We heard some bloke saying her ridge tiles on the roof were damaged and need replacing, he could do it now for a few hundred quid.

I got up and went to the door, his face changed as soon as he saw me.

I said what ridge tiles need replacing.

He didn't say another word, just turned round and walked away.

You should be able to shoot twats who try this on.

A lad I used to knock about with lived next to the arms. We were sitting in his one day, knock at the door, his mam went to answer.

We heard some bloke saying her ridge tiles on the roof were damaged and need replacing, he could do it now for a few hundred quid.

A lad tried this when I was working away and my lass (no) said I would sort it when I got back as I handled the finances. Came back a few weeks later and told me he had done work for the neighbours and they were happy with him. Checked and none of them had- cheeky fucker.

Worse was when I used to live by myself. Was working away and when I got home the old dear who lived next door told me she had a lad knocking on the door asking for a key to my house. Apparently said I'd arranged to get some work done and needed access. f***ing bastards.

Absolute scumbags people like that.

A lad tried this when I was working away and my lass (no) said I would sort it when I got back as I handled the finances. Came back a few weeks later and told me he had done work for the neighbours and they were happy with him. Checked and none of them had- cheeky fucker.

Worse was when I used to live by myself. Was working away and when I got home the old dear who lived next door told me she had a lad knocking on the door asking for a key to my house. Apparently said I'd arranged to get some work done and needed access. f***ing bastards.

Shocking that like.

A shotgun blast to the chest area should be how these situations are handled.

A lad tried this round ours a few years back and I was so hungover I gave him £50 to patch part of the roof up climb about for 10 minutes on the roof. :lol::oops:

I came home once to 2 blokes in suits trying to sell the missus paint for the roof.

Clip boards in hand and load of crap about safety, insulation, makes the roof last longer etc.

They then started to tell me that my wife had asked them to give her a quote and they had lads in the area that could start tomorrow.

I gave him 30 seconds to stop for a breath and politely told him "Get lost mate".

Pair of them walked of with out another peep.

Dodge pots, the lot of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back