People are tired of working from home

Had a bit of a result today. Unofficially agreed in the future I can get in the office for the odd important meeting if it's outside of the norm. Better than nowt.
I’m stuck working for a company that’s only just dragged itself into the 20th century. They think if you’re not in the office, you’re not working.

Work unsociable hours so not commuting in the middle of the night is a much better way to live. Plus the house is nice and quiet.

Do find some shifts a little more boring without the small amount of social I usually get in the office.

Sick of it - hasn’t helped hole schooling at same time but I miss the office. I do look forward to more flexible working in future and work from home when needed but not every day.
Currently end up up in teams meetings half the time as people need to have hour long meetings where you would of had 5 minute catch up in office. Or are getting bombarded with e-mails because can’t just walk over to ask me something.
a lot of the problems are from people not adapting to new ways of working but certain parts of work can’t be replaced by teams meetings, chat functions and other IT solutions

Always have worked from home.

Although it is slightly vindicating watching those who thought a home based job was "easy" and "not a real job" getting the shit kicked out of them.:lol:

100%, the wife (no) thought working from home meant time to make sure the dishwasher was loaded and plenty of time to mop & hoover.

Since she started working from home she's seen that is not the case.

100%, the wife (no) thought working from home meant time to make sure the dishwasher was loaded and plenty of time to mop & hoover.

Since she started working from home she's seen that is not the case.
Same. She's project based so I get heat for not doing the hoovering or whatever job it is I haven't done. Tell you what. I'll go back to the office then you csnt moanm

Point stands that not many people did work that couldn’t be done from home or the land that immediately surrounded the home.

As you rightly say, things are different now.

260 years is no time at all, but it’s sufficient for changes to be set in that will take more than an even briefer pandemic to break.
Also, all social life was in the immediate vicinity. Maybe how people live will change and people working from home for same company will start to live near each other. Not sure that would be good😀

Same. She's project based so I get heat for not doing the hoovering or whatever job it is I haven't done. Tell you what. I'll go back to the office then you csnt moanm

Yeah I get that. I work in the kitchen while shes in the bedroom so I hear a voice in the distance.. can you hang the washing out please? 😪

I’m stuck working for a company that’s only just dragged itself into the 20th century. They think if you’re not in the office, you’re not working.
Do they look over your shoulder all day to make sure you're working when in the office.

Sounds like extremely bad and outdated management.

Back