People are tired of working from home

Aye, one thing that I've found annoying is that we use Teams for meetings and I think it's great when there's two or three of you having a chat, it's pretty much like being together given that you can share screens etc. Trouble is it's really to prevent lots of people meeting up, but I find larger meetings are awful. No one knows when to speak, everyone forgets to unmute, people don't really use the hand raising thing. As far as possible with restrictions I'd always rather have larger meetings in person.

I'm definitely more productive as well (apart from f***ing about on here like but I do that anyway). If I'm in the middle of something I'll finish it off when I'm at home. If it was half 5 and I was in the office I'd generally leave it, no chance the laptop is going back on when I get home. Better for work life balance as well, being able to get deliveries, do more with your lunch hour, avoiding any stress of rush hour traffic. Been class.
All spot on there marra.

I finally got back out on the road last week. While I did start to enjoy WFH, its good to get out and see some of the members of our team face to face, rather than on Teams.

Hotels are empty though, unless its just the way it is in Coventry :lol:
They have hotels in Coventry?

Been told they will move to a ‘Hybrid’ model which in reality means my local office will be sold off and be a housing estate in 18 months time...

Same here, we can go in the office just need to book a desk on an app before we venture in to make sure we have capacity, which means we will probably not renew the lease on 3 of the 5 floors we have in the office, Hybrid will work for me, choose the days i want to go in to work, plan them around days when i will also pick up the bairn from his mums, so most likely a friday, traffic into newcstle always seems quieter on a friday so that'll be a help, theres no set number of days i have to go in, but i'll just do it as and when i feel i need a change of scenery

Back