People are tired of working from home

Also, all social life was in the immediate vicinity. Maybe how people live will change and people working from home for same company will start to live near each other. Not sure that would be good😀

I’m desperate for some sort of thing to open up where you can talk to new people. A gym, running club, anything.

Moved down here in the middle of the pandemic so have literally no friends in the area :lol:

I’m desperate for some sort of thing to open up where you can talk to new people. A gym, running club, anything.

Moved down here in the middle of the pandemic so have literally no friends in the area :lol:
I miss the sauna at the pool. Knew about 10 of the regulars so could swim and then relax and chat. Great debates were had😀. Forgotten all about it and thought of it coming back shocked me. Amazing how things just disappear from your consciousness.

Me and the Mrs are renting spare desk space from a company in town as of tomorrow. This week’s been the straw that broke the camel’s back like; as someone further up pointed out - getting harangued off your clients in the same room(s) you’re supposed to later watch telly in, eat your meals, enjoy a film in, have a shag in etc. is no way to live :lol:

Do they look over your shoulder all day to make sure you're working when in the office.

Sounds like extremely bad and outdated management.
Not that bad but they do like people to be in the office. It’s an old fashioned company in an old fashioned industry. Average age of our joiners will be about 50 and that’s brought down because we have two apprentices.

If there's a time difference it can be a right pita. Didn't enjoy starting at 04:30 cos I'd snuck home for lockdown I.0, finished by 11:00 was alright tho.

Just remember when you’re sitting in the garden with your beer, if you can work from home a machine can probably do your job.
Can it produce policies?
Whereas if you travel to a factory to work, a robot could never do your...oh.
Ooof blarn :lol:
I was gunna say. I'd have thought the people working from home are far less likely to have their job automated than those who have be present.
He's not thought it through.

Last edited:
Been told they will move to a ‘Hybrid’ model which in reality means my local office will be sold off and be a housing estate in 18 months time...

What are the pubs like that way? Only ever been through Eastham on the train (saw you moved there).

What are the pubs like that way? Only ever been through Eastham on the train (saw you moved there).

Tbh I haven’t really been in my locals.

Tended to drink in The Red Fox in Thornton Hough when I was down pre lockdown, which is great. Went a couple of times when restrictions eased.

Then there’s a micropub up in Bromborough called the Bow Legged Beagle which I really like.

Tbh I haven’t really been in my locals.

Tended to drink in The Red Fox in Thornton Hough when I was down pre lockdown, which is great. Went a couple of times when restrictions eased.

Then there’s a micropub up in Bromborough called the Bow Legged Beagle which I really like.

Been there before, decent.

Was in the Bow Legged Beagle in New Brighton one evening last summer which was superb, tiny like. Didn't realise there was more than one. Get yourself over to Liverpool when it reopens in a few months.

Been there before, decent.

Was in the Bow Legged Beagle in New Brighton one evening last summer which was superb, tiny like. Didn't realise there was more than one. Get yourself over to Liverpool when it reopens in a few months.

Think there’s three of them dotted about. Haven’t been to the NB one but used to go in the Homebrew Tap. Tend to go to the one in Oxton for cans and bottles. Brew lab in Heswall is very good if you haven’t been.

Liverpool vs Chester is the source of tension between me and our lass on where to spend weekends. Although with a dog in tow it’s Probably neither now.

I've gone to work all the way through this and I've sort of enjoyed the normality of it, I've even changed job.

The wife has WFH since the start and is thoroughly sick of it now. The computer in the dining room is a constant reminder.

I enjoy working from home. I get to go to a fair few site visits, and enjoy going into the office occasionally, but on days where there aren't any meetings I'd much rather be at home. Saves time travelling, plus I don't really need an hour for lunch so I'm using that hour to do the washing, hoovering and other boring tasks that previously I'd have to do on my own time in the evening

Definitely, think I would probably look for another job if they wanted us back full time.
This is now a big factor that employers will need to take into account as more and more offer more flexible working.
I enjoy working from home. I get to go to a fair few site visits, and enjoy going into the office occasionally, but on days where there aren't any meetings I'd much rather be at home. Saves time travelling, plus I don't really need an hour for lunch so I'm using that hour to do the washing, hoovering and other boring tasks that previously I'd have to do on my own time in the evening
Our place has found they get more hours out of staff as they are working earlier and later as they don't have the commute. They are looking to let us (our team) in for important meetings occasionally having previously said my lot are 100% wfh. That's been from us pushing as occasionally it would benefit us.

Last edited:
This is now a big factor that employers will need to take into account as more and more offer more flexible working.

Our place has found they get more hours out of staff as they are working earlier and later as they don't have the commute. They are looking to let us (our team) in for important meetings occasionally having previously said my lot are 100% wfh. That's been from us pushing as occasionally it would benefit us.

Aye, one thing that I've found annoying is that we use Teams for meetings and I think it's great when there's two or three of you having a chat, it's pretty much like being together given that you can share screens etc. Trouble is it's really to prevent lots of people meeting up, but I find larger meetings are awful. No one knows when to speak, everyone forgets to unmute, people don't really use the hand raising thing. As far as possible with restrictions I'd always rather have larger meetings in person.

I'm definitely more productive as well (apart from f***ing about on here like but I do that anyway). If I'm in the middle of something I'll finish it off when I'm at home. If it was half 5 and I was in the office I'd generally leave it, no chance the laptop is going back on when I get home. Better for work life balance as well, being able to get deliveries, do more with your lunch hour, avoiding any stress of rush hour traffic. Been class.

Back