Pentax blow a hole in the pricey fuckers of high-end digi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see why you like it so much:

Perhaps the most notable feature of the LCD is that it can be turned into an electronic level at the touch of a button. This feature allows one to easily level the camera on both axis.

Logon or register to see this image

The Pentax K5 SLR has the same thing built in and is, so far, getting good reviews. Seems Pentax are beginning to get a grip of the Digital market which suits me as I love Pentax.

Bizarrely it's listed on Digital Rev at £2937. Now that would be a bargain

Shum mistake surely. £7k elsewhere

Still about 1/6 the price of the equivalent Hassy even at £7k

Bizarrely it's listed on Digital Rev at £2937. Now that would be a bargain

Shum mistake surely. £7k elsewhere*

Still about 1/6 the price of the equivalent Hassy even at £7k

*body only actually

Nice one - saw this advertised a while back and been watching with interest.

How big would a 40MP RAW be? :eek: My laptop is slow enough running Photoshop macros on 8MP shots.

Nice one - saw this advertised a while back and been watching with interest.

How big would a 40MP RAW be? :eek: My laptop is slow enough running Photoshop macros on 8MP shots.

280mb at 16 bit if it's the same as the 40mp Hassy

What's the benefit of a camera that can output at that size?

I know, for instance, that the D2x can output images at billboard (48 sheet) size at 72dpi (industry standard for large format print) - and that's just a half frame, 12.4MP camera.

The D3 is full frame and 24MP, so roughly speaking should be able to output twice the size again theoretically. It's a fair bit cheaper than this Pentax too.

Most of the photographers I work with would uses the latest high-end Nikon on Canon, but I do work with a bloke who uses a €50k Hasselblad system. For the purposes of commercial images, there doesn't seem to be an advantage. So what's the benefit of MF digital? I'm sure there is one like, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back