Penshaw Farm Shop

They do sell good gear. Even on here, I think it's universally acknowledged as a good butcher's shop, which is about as good a recommendation as you can get..

If the SMB universally agrees on something it must be good. The solar system aligns more often than this board is in full agreement. Will have to give it a go sometime.

Sirloin bout 5 then you reckon?
Yeah they are all around the same price give or take a few quid per kilo(£18-£22), I just try and fond the biggest one. Fillet is about £50 per kilo as I nearly died when some old women asked for 4 pieces and they said the price, guess thats pretty standard but Ive never had it so was just shocked ha.

Im going up tomorrow if you want me to check the prices out though.

Went at the weekend, lovely bit of topside for Sunday dinner, queue for the bakery was huge so didn’t get in there. Suppose it saved me a few quid.

knitsley farm shop is the best though but a bit of a trek. Looking forward to going back there for Sunday lunches!

Set his stall out for quality food , aimed at folk with plenty of disposable income and it appears to be working very well.

A local lad with a successful business , what’s not to like.
He started on a farm crook way. Had a milk round, borrowed a fair bit of money to start up and was on the bones of his arse to start with. Risked a lot but its paid off. He never stops mind. Hell of a grafter.

He started on a farm crook way. Had a milk round, borrowed a fair bit of money to start up and was on the bones of his arse to start with. Risked a lot but its paid off. He never stops mind. Hell of a grafter.
Fair play to the lad, top class place and I’m looking forward to getting back in the cafe.

Never actually been despite going to Herrington park regular, infact I drive way past Penshaw tea room to go to Homer Hill Farm shop (Pittingdon way) to get fillet steaks.

I don’t think the butchers side is as pricey as the bakery. I mean £3 for a cake 🙊🤣
Last Friday I got a sirloin, two chicken breasts, a pork loin chop, 3 minted lamb kebabs, 4 piglets and 4 rashers of bacon and it was just over £20.
Mind I’m only buying for one.
that wouldnt last my lot one meal

Back